CHAPTER 110

Huan Xiao Yan and Yan Hui went with the rear of the army and entered Central Plains.

There wasn't much xian sect resistance along the way because the sects thought Qing Guang might be a heretical cultivator. The animosity between the sects and Chen Xing Mountain were greater than Yan Hui thought they were.

Yan Hui gazed at the far away Chen Xing Mountain which was growing closer with each step. She unexpectedly didn't feel much towards it. Yan Hui's eyes only sharpened when she saw Qing Guang's figure appear in that direciton. Huan Xiao Yan tugged at Yan Hui. They weren't in the middle of the soldiers.

A large gale whipped up with Qing Guang's appearance. Trees and vegetation swayed. The demon soldiers started to prepare themselves, but none of them expected piercing vines to come up from underneath the ground. The vines suddenly impaled upwards, and soldiers who didn't dodge fast were skewered. Some died right on the spot.

Huan Xiao Yan carried Yan Hui and leapt to midair, dodging the attack.

But the vines didn't let them off. One of the vines was like it was sentient. It swung upwards like a whip and wrapped around Huan Xiao Yan's ankle. Huan Xiao Yan gritted her teeth. She was just about to slash at the vine with a dagger when suddenly a heat wave came from ahead of the troops.

The flames were like a blade that swept across the earth. The vines on the ground were sliced down. After that fire spell, all that was left was black, scorched earth.

It was only then that Huan Xiao Yan dared to lower Yan Hui down. The demon soldiers also stood firm. Some started to treat their own wounds, and some started to carry away the corpses of their fellow soldiers. It was a messy situation all around. Some of the soldiers looked towards the front as Yan Hui was doing. Tian Yao, standing tall and firm, was facing off against Zhenren Qing Guang. All their powers clashed intangibility between the two of them. The injured soliders caught in the middle were in painful anguish.

In the power struggle between giants, the lowly commoners were never given a second thought.

If Yan Hui was healthy enough to stand by Tian Yao's side today, perhaps she wouldn't have had that realization. The help of the giants will also be the help of the commoners. The death of the giants will also be the death of the commoners.

Yan Hui loved someone who was like that, high up and above all.

Yan Hui smiled. Huan Xiao Yan didn't understand: "Master......what is it?"

"Nothing." Yan Hui shook her head. "I just suddenly thought how lucky I was that I actually got to meet him in this life. It's magical how we came together."

Huan Xiao Yan's mouth had a slightly bitter set: "I don't understand. Master, clearly you aren't doing well right now. How is this lucky? The Heavens aren't being fair."

"You haven't been out of your illusion demon palace for long," said Yan Hui. "Perhaps one day you'll also meeting someone like that. He'll make you feel like meeting him is the luckiest thing ever. He won't make you feel resentful and dissatisfied about unfair matters anymore because as long as you're with him, you'll be happy. Even if you've reached you're limit, you'll be happy."

Huan Xiao Yan shook her head and said: "I don't want to meet someone like that. It'll be too pitiful. I don't want......."

Those words were just said when suddenly there was a huge aura shift up ahead. It was Tian Yao and Qing Guang finishing their confrontation. In the end, It was Qing Guang who made a move first, and they started to fight. The bulk of the demon army started to rapidly retreat.

They had already achieved their purpose of luring Qing Guang out of the mountain. Staying there would be like a target offering up neidans for Qing Guang.