EPILOGUE - LASTING AFFECTION 1/2

Yan Hui's last memory was the moment the abyss closed around her and Huan Xiao Yan.

She used the last of the spirit pearl's power to protect the illusion demon. Then, she sank into darkness.

Yan Hui didn't know how long she floated in the blackness. She didn't have the consciousness to be aware. It wasn't until she opened her eyes that the world existed again. That was when she realized she had come back to life.

Right when Yan Hui was going to utter her first sound, she saw her tiny hand waving in the air. It was a baby's hand. She also saw the midwife holding her and heard how chaotic the room was. The midwife was yelling: "She's bleeding! She's bleeding! The mother is bleeding!"

People rushed into the room. Most of them were female, but there was also a man yelling in alarm: Darling! Darling!"

Yan Hui felt like the whole situation was like a hallucination.

She suddenly felt her chest grow hot, and an image appeared in her mind. The Qing Qiu King was standing, and a breeze plucked at his clothes. He was standing on the cliff that was behind the imperial palace. The king's eyes were like they were piercing through the many, many miles and looking right into her eyes: "Did you succeed......."

It was like his voice was right by Yan Hui's ear: "Consider this the demon clans' gift to you and Tian Yao."

The king's body slightly glowed, and Yan Hui's chest got even hotter at the same time. The Qing Qiu King turned into a golden light that dissipated into the wind. Yan Hui suddenly realized what just happened.

The king used his last bit of power to preserved the memories of her past life.

The midwife holding Yan Hui looked down at her and called out in amazement: "There's a gold light coming from the baby's chest! She's a prodigy!"

Immediately the people near her looked over and also saw. They echoed the same thoughts: "She's a prodigy! A prodigy!"

And that was how Yan Hui returned to the world in a chaotic moment. She had another identity and body.

No long after she was born, news spread in the jianghu that the nine-tailed fox demon king had passed away. However, the village Yan Hui was born in was too remote. None of the villagers paid much attention to the news.

In this life, Yan Hui's biological mother passed away shortly after child birth, and her father became a widower. From then on, Yan Hui's birthday became her mother's death anniversary. Yan Hui would pat her father's shoulder every year on that day to console him. After all, the husband and wife couple were her benefactors who brought her into this world.

A few years had passed. When Yan Hui was still patting her dad's shoulder and sighing on that day every year, her dad would scold her: "Why are you sighing like an old person? Go and feed the chickens."

Yan Hui pursed her lips. If her past life self was still alive, she would've been a few years older than her current dad.

Actually from the very beginning, Yan Hui wanted to run away to find Tian Yao. However, a baby's limbs were too floppy, so she couldn't escape. When she got older and was able to walk, her dad kept a strict eye on her.

Later on, Yan Hui realized this body could cultivate, and she started to learn the dao pathway. She didn't really remember "Demon Bestowal". Therefore, she cultivated Chen Xing Mountain's xian cultivation. Her progress was faster than an ordinary person, but it was nothing compared to when she had Tian Yao's neidan in her body.

When Yan Hui was about 7 or 8, she could run and jump around. She started to prepare to run away.

One day, Yan Hui got very far. However, her father chased after her and was able to catch her. He raised his hand and smacked her so hard that Yan Hui was a little stunned. But she wasn't mad. She watched the farmer yell at her with red eyes: "Where are you going! You are the only thing left by your mother to remember her by! You ran away all by yourself! What if something happens to you! What am I going to do!"