CHAPTER 106

Qing Qiu's king response was a firm negative. That one word was like a hammer blow on Yan Hui's heart.

"Not even......" Yan Hui found it difficult to speak. "One sliver of chance?"

The king paused before speaking: "You saw Qing Guang's strength back in Central Plains. How does the nine-headed snake demon compare?"

Yan Hui shook her head as her heart sank down to the bottom. She knew clearly that there was no comparing the snake demon with Qing Guang.

Even without looking back, Qing Qiu's king sensed Yan Hui's disappointment: "Exactly so."

Yan Hui remained silent and didn't say anymore. Actually before she arrived, she already had a feeling she would get that kind of answer. However, people always have a fantasy. She also wanted to fulfill Tian Yao's wish to never again mess with the neidan in her heart.

"Tian Yao is a millennium dragon demon. Even though he has accumulated a lot of wisdom and researched a lot about magic, he doesn't have the magic accumulated throughout a millennium. He can't take a single blow from Qing Guang." The king continued. "Melding with another demon's neidan is a painful process with little gain. If he wasn't so set on not taking back his neidan, I wouldn't have suggested that alternative. Tian Yao and Qing Guang's wuxing are naturally opposed against one another. If there was no Tian Yao in this world, then there would be no one else who can stop Qing Guang's plot. If Tian Yao dies in the battle against Qing Guang, the neidan in your heart can't be protected anymore. If Qing Guang takes the neidan and cultivates to the 12th level, I fear......there will be no place for demon clans in this world."

The king's words weren't rushed. The meaning they conveyed pressed down on Yan Hui's mind.

"I understand," said Yan Hui. She understood his meaning.

Don't wait for Tian Yao to try every method except for the one taking back the neidan. He wouldn't give up, or perhaps it could be said they wouldn't give up. They could only walk to the end of the path with no other road to try.

Between Yan Hui and Tian Yao, inevitably one of them would make a decision. As for who would have that right, Qing Qiu's king left it up to Yan Hui to think about that.

Yan Hui didn't give a reply at that moment. She just dipped her head towards the king: "I'm leaving for the night."

"Mm," the king nodded in response. He wasn't in a rush for Yan Hui to return the neidan this very night.

Yan Hui headed towards her room after leaving the palace. Even though she was far from the cold springs, she could still occasionally see a blaze of fire and hear a dragon's deep, repressed hiss.

Tian Yao was in a lot of pain.........

That nine-headed snake's neidan wasn't at all a beneficial method.

Yan Hui clenched her fist and jaw. She reached her room in silence.

The next day, the sun rose in the sky as usual. The weather is unchanged by a mere mortal's problem. Yan Hui sat by her bed and blankly stared up at the sky for a long time. She felt like a trapped animal, unable to escape its cage and surrounded by difficulty.

She liked Tian Yao. She liked him so much that she wanted to spend every day of the rest of her life by his side. She liked him to the point that she would feel happy and fortunate to just hold his hand and wander around regardless if they had a home or not.

She hoped she could always be by his side, see the rise and fall of every future day with her eyes, and listen to the changing days with her ears.

Tian Yao was too alone. She was the same.