CHAPTER 104

They set out to return to Qing Qiu. Tian Yao brought the nine-headed snake's neidan with him to seek out Qing Qiu's king. Yan Hui also went with him. She didn't have any other purpose than wanting to ask the king a question.

"Since Tian Yao can refine the snake king's neidan, then can Tian Yao and I switch neidan's?"

On the way back, Yan Hui hadn't brought up the neidan matter. It wasn't until this moment than Tian Yao heard her thoughts. He somewhat blankly looked at her.

"I'll return Tian Yao's neidan to him and use the snake's neidan to maintain my life," said Yan Hui. "Isn't that the best of both worlds?"

"No." Tian Yao immediately solemnly declined. "It's dangerous."

Yan Hui continued to debate with Tian Yao. The Qing Qiu King cut in: "The nine-headed snake is naturally vicious and did many evil deeds in its life. It also cultivated using evil methods, and its body is covered in poison. Even if you successfully use its neidan, you'll always have poison circulating in your body. Not to mention, the snake's neidan isn't enough to maintain one's life. A dragon demon's neidan is the most valuable treasure in the world. There is no easy replacement for such a precious thing."

Qing Qiu's king had just finished speaking when Tian Yao emphasized his point: "Don't think about this matter again."

Yan Hui was silent for a moment: "Then what about you?" She continued, "The nine-headed snake's neidan is filled with toxin, so what about you? Are you really going to put that kind of thing in your body?"

"I can still live without a neidan," said Tian Yao. "I just need it to gain an edge over Qing Guang in battle, but I don't require it."

Yan Hui pressed her lips together. Tian Yao didn't give Yan Hui a chance to argue back and turned towards Qing Qiu's king: "I can here to ask a question. You fought against Qing Guang 50 years ago. Do you know of a weakness?"

The Qing Qiu King's gaze slightly grew grave: "Time."

Tian Yao quietly waited for further words, but it turns out Yan Hui was the one who spoke: "Next month on the 27th is when he is at his weakest."

Tian Yao was a little surprised by Yan Hui's words. Although Yan Hui wasn't happy with Tian Yao's strong refusal, she still spoke: "Zi Yue fled from Chen Xing Mountain to Qing Qiu. She brought with her Ling Xiao's records of the past 20 years when Qing Guang needed large amounts of neidan to boost his cultivation. He is always at his weakest the day before absorbing the neidan. If we make a move at that time, we might be able to kill him."

Tian Yao gaze grew sharper: "Then I won't tarry here any longer. After placing the neidan in my body, there's still a period of adjustment that's needed."

He was just about to turn to leave when Qing Qiu's king suddenly spoke: "You should carefully study the 'Demon Bestowal' book that Yan Hui has."

Tian Yao looked back. Yan Hui was also clueless.

"Qing Guang cultivates using the 'Demon Bestowal' method."

Tian Yao and Yan Hui were shocked by those words. Yan Hui suddenly recalled that day where they fought by the enormous tree. Qing Guang did subtly mention her cultivating via 'Demon Bestowal'. Turns out........

Zhenren Qing Guang lived at Chen Xing Mountain, but he wasn't cultivating the xian method! It was actually the demon method!

And the demon method he was actually......the same as hers!

This piece of news was too shocking. Yan Hui was so stunned that a long time passed before she spoke again: "So it's like this.....then why is the 'Demon Bestowal' scroll in Qing Qiu? And.....will I also need to absorb neidan later? Before I was able to cultivate the usual way."