CHAPTER 81

The commotion Tian Yao made last night was too severe. Trees were broken. Earth was ripped up. The surroundings today were still a mess. However, the waters in the icy spring had already become clear and clean. It didn't look any different than the previous days.

Yan Hui knelt by the water and look at her reflection in the water. Her mind swirled with what Xian Ge had just told her. They raced around in the thoughts. She suddenly reached out and swatted at her own reflection. Then without even taking off her outer robes, Yan Hui dove in.

The spring was actually very deep. Yan Hui held her breath and kept swimming down. Her mind was filled with the image of Ling Xiao teaching her xian magic and cultivation. For the past 10 years, he was there every moment, accompanying her. Yan Hui continued to swim down like she wanted to spend every ounce of strength.

10 years of memories revolved through her mind like a carousal. She squeezed her eyes shut and let herself sink to the bottom. She stayed here until the suffocation made her chest hurt. Then Yan Hui shot up to the surface and gulped in a deep breath of air.

The sudden rush of fresh air turned her vision black for a split second.

Her head was above water, and then Yan Hui relaxed the rest of her body. She floated on top of the spring water like a withered leaf.

The night sky was filled with dazzling stars. Yan Hui closed her eyes and tried hard to clear her mind. Perhaps she was too tired because her mind really did clear not long afterwards. She quickly sank into darkness. Just a few moments later, Yan Hi saw a dark figure standing there in front of her.

This time after seeing that dark figure, she didn't try to chase after it. She just stood where she was and looked: "Head Senior Disciple." Her voice was extremely quiet. "Sooner or later, I will avenge you."

When Yan Hui said those words, the figure that was quietly standing there seemed to frown. His face was worried.

She didn't know what he was concerned about, but then suddenly her body swayed. Yan Hui immediately woke up.

She opened her eyes and saw she was wrapped in a very warm embrace.

Tian Yao's forehead was tightly furrowed. His lips were pinched together, and he didn't say a sound. It made Yan Hui concerned: "What is it?"

"I thought........" Those two words spilled out of his mouth without control. Tian Yao realized he sounded anxious and immediately stopped talking. He turned his head and released Yan Hui. Tian Yao stood up. He patted at his clothes before mildly saying: "It's nothing."

Yan Hui looked at the spring. She then looked at the awkward Tian Yao and guessed: "You thought I committed suicide?"

Tian Yao turned to leave: "It's good that it wasn't anything serious."

"I won't do something like that." Yan Hui didn't care that Tian Yao's back was facing her. She looked at the night sky. "I didn't do it the day you rescued me from Chen Xing Mountain, so from then on I won't do it either. I'm staying alive because I have more important things to do."

Tian Yao's footsteps paused. He slightly turned his head to look out of the corner of his eyes at Yan Hui.

To his surprised, she was smiling. Yan Hui left the spring and walked toward him. Her tone was a little lighter: "As for you, were you always following me?"

Tian Yao lightly coughed: "You can continue soaking. The earlier you heal, the better......." Saying that, he took a step to avoid her, but his sleeves was lightly caught by Yan Hui. Tian Yao was a little stunned. He turned to look at Yan Hui.

"Although we both said there's no need to thank each other," Yan Hui gazed at Tian Yao as she talked. Her bright eyes seemed to reflect the multitude of stars. "But I still have to say it. I'm really thankful that at times like these, you are here."