CHAPTER 109

After Tian Yao woke up early the next day, he felt something was strange about his body. However the even more strange thing was that he couldn't say exactly what was strange.

Once Tian Yao left his room, he saw Zhu Li siting in the hallway and waiting for him. Zhu Li was holding a small porcelain bottle in his hand. Upon seeing Tian Yao, he stood up and handed it over: "This is medicine the king wanted me to give you. He said it'll bring you a lot of benefit with your recently melded snake monster's neidan after taking it. It'll boost your cultivation for a month."

Tian Yao was surprised. He didn't understand why the king would suddenly send over medicine but still accepted the bottle: "Give my thanks to the king."

"Ok. I have things to do, so I'm going to go now."

Zhu Li left and then turned around to go to Yan Hui's room. He frowned in distress upon seeing Yan Hui laying down in bed with a deathly pale complexion: "What exactly was what you gave me to give to Tian Yao? Why did you have to pretend it was from the king?"

Yan Hui slightly smiled: "Just something to ease Tian Yao's mind......."

They were just ordinary medicines to boost the body and inner breath. She gave them to Tian Yao as a reason for why his dragon aura increased, so he wouldn't know it was from his neidan. Instead he would think it was from taking the pills. With that thought set, then Tian Yao wouldn't have the slightest shred of suspicion. It was only that way he would confidently advance forwards.

Zhu Li frowned even harder after hearing how weak Yan Hui's voice was: "What's wrong with you? I didn't see you for one day, and you suddenly weakened to this state?"

"It's fine as long as I don't look like this in front of Tian Yao."

"What exactly........."

"Aiya, stop asking!" Huan Xiao Yan reached her limit and broke off Zhu Li's words. She chased him out of the room and said with reddened eyes: "Master already had a hard enough time last night. She doesn't need to talk about such painful things. You just need to instruct everyone not to mention how Master looks right now in front of Tian Yao. That's it."

Zhu Li was sullen: "Why can't they bring it up? Why can't you just tell me what's going on?"

Huan Xiao Yan gritted her teeth: "Alright, I'll tell you. After you know, you can't tell anyone, especially Tian Yao, even if you get beaten to death."

"What can't you not tell me?"

Huan Xiao Yan hadn't finished talking when suddenly came Tian Yao's voice from outside. She instantly paled as she saw Tian Yao walk closer. She wasn't sure how much he had heard. Huan Xiao Yan look at him in a panic, completely at a loss of what to do. Suddenly from within the room came the sound of Yan Hui stretching: "Tian Yao?"

Tian Yao glanced at Huan Xiao Yan and then turned to enter Yan Hui's room.

Huan Xiao Yan's heart beat furiously. She peaked into the room from the outside. Yan Hui was on the bed and holding her hands out to Tian Yao for him to pull her out.

Yan Hui's face was pale, but her lips curved into a slight smile. Tian Yao utterly didn't notice her deathly pale complexion. He asked: "It's almost noon. Why did you sleep for so long today?"

"You were in my dreams," said Yan Hui. "I didn't want to wake."

Tian Yao crouched down. He said while putting on Yan Hui's shoes for her: "You can see me when you're awake too."

"It's not the same."

"How so?"

"The Tian Yao in my dreams has already ascended into an immortal. He was the greatest dragon, majestic and very awe-inspiring. He roamed everywhere and lived free and easy." Yan Hui paused. "He didn't suffer under the fetters of the secular world."