CHAPTER 61

Today, Tian Yao and Yan Hui were going to meet the king.

When Zhu Li came over to pick them up, Yan Hui really didn't want to go. She dawdled in the room for a long time until Zhu Li lost his patience. He stood in the doorway and said: "If we don't go now, we're going to be late. Are you really going to make the king wait?"

Yan Hui's expression was filled with bitter suffering.

Upon seeing that, Tian Yao spoke up: "There's nothing to be afraid of."

Yan Hui pouted: "You're a demon. Of course you're going to think there's nothing to fear. If you had to meet Chen Xing Mountain's Zhenren Qing Guang, wouldn't you be scared? What if something happens when meeting the king? In this clan of fox demons, no one is going to protect me."

It was like Zhu Li was stabbed in the spine by those words. He rubbed the back of his neck: "I......."

"I will protect you."

Tian Yao cut into the conversation, but he wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. It was like he was commenting on the weather. His tone was normal, but it also was enough to tug on the heartstrings.

Zhu Li was rendered stunned by that blow. He blankly looked at Tian Yao for a long time. Then he heard Yan Hui clear her throat and muttered: "You're the one with the weak body.........[1]" But she finally stepped out of the courtyard.

Tian Yao looked down. He watched Yan Hui awkwardly walk over out of the corner of his eye. His face softened, but his voice was as indifferent and serious as before: "The king might know where the thing is in San Chong Mountain."

The thing Tian Yao was talking about was naturally his dragon tendons.

Yan Hui immediately became solemn at his words: "Rights, the king is most likely out of everyone in Qing Qiu to know. What happened at Qing Qiu's borders could escape everyone's eyes, but it couldn't escape the king's attention. The spell array to seal Tian Yao's dragon tendons wasn't a small piece of magic. The king wouldn't be completely ignorant of it.

Tian Yao shot Yan Hui a look: "It's go."

Yan Hui nodded and followed along.

It wasn't until they reached the base where the king was that Yan Hui snapped back to her senses. Tian Yao wanted to get his dragon tendons; he wanted to ask the king for information. That had absolutely nothing to do with her at all!

One, she never promised to help him. Two, she had no agreement with him. Why did she feel a strong responsibility to help, to bear the weight of the world for him, to automatically step up now?!

What a crappy habit!

Yan Hui inwardly was disdainful toward herself. At this moment a pure, fresh breeze blew from the peak's summit. It gently blew by Yan Hui's ear. The breeze was crisp, clearing Yan Hui's mind quite a bit.

What a fresh aura.........

Yan Hui was shocked. Compared to Central Plains, the land where the demon clans seized and occupied had a very strong miasma. Where did such a fresh breeze come from.........

Yan Hui followed where the wind came from. She raised her head to look. At the peak of the summit, a long cliff jutted out. There was a tree and a man standing there at the end of the cliff.

"That is........"

Yan Hui just started to voice her question when the demons by her side all stooped and respectfully bowed in greeting in the direction of that person. Even Zhu Li bowed; his expression was humble and solemn.

Turns out that person was Qing Qiu's king, the most powerful nine-tailed fox demon in existance.

For a demon's aura to be cultivated to become so pure and fresh, natural talent was essential in addition to putting in a lot of self effort. In a millennium, the demon races only had one person who cultivated to this level.........