CHAPTER 87

Early the next day, Qing Qiu's king summoned Tian Yao to the palace. Zhu Li came to convey the message. He also wanted Yan Hui to go.

Yan Hui was surprised: "Me?" She had entered the demon pathway, but her cultivation still wasn't that refined. What meaning was behind the king's summons? Could it be he was so short on men that even she had to be called to duty.........

Tian Yao also frowned when he heard that: "Her wound isn't healed."

Zhu Li nodded: "The king knows. That's why a flying fox came." He had just said that when a streak of light arced over. A five-tailed fox landed by Yan Hui's bed. It crouched down on to the ground and waited for Yan Hui to sit on its back.

Yan Hui was silent upon seeing this but still sat on its back.

The group wen tot Qing Qiu's royal palace, but only Yan Hui and Tian Yao entered the enormous tree palace. Even Zhu Li had to obediently wait outside.

Qing Qiu's king was sitting in the hall as before. His hand was lightly supporting his cheek, and his eyes were closed. It was hard to tell if he was contemplating or if he was resting. The situation made Yan Hui unsure if she should say something or not.

In front of a formidable demon in the chilly silence, perhaps very few people would not feel ill at ease, not only Yan Hui.

As for Tian Yao, perhaps he was one of the few: "King." He greeted the king. It was one word, but it was no different than him greeting any other person.

Qing Qiu's king finally opened his eyes and swept his gaze over Tian Yao. Then he looked over at Yan Hui and sized her up. That look was very strange. Clearly before when she came with Tian Yao, the king never sized up the "idle" her.

"Zhu Li gave you 'Demon Bestowal'. What layer has your cultivation reached?"

Yan Hui didn't understand why the king's first question was directed towards her, but she still replied: "I already reached the second level. With harder work and practice, I might reach the third level in a few days."

"You've made fast progress, a rare aptitude."

Yan Hui was a little overwhelmed by receiving the king's praise. However since he brought it up, Yan Hui decided on continuing on the line of conservation: "If I may dare, Zhu Li said 'Demon Bestowal' was found in the palace's library collection. Right now, 'Demon Bestowal' only reaches the ninth layer. Does the king know where the unfinished magic techniques are?"

Qing Qiu's king remained silent for a moment: "The ninth layer of practice in 'Demon Bestowal' is enough. Any more, it won't be any good for you."

Yan Hui was stumped for words. From the meaning of those words, the king clearly knew there were several more layers in "Demon Bestowal". Furthermore, he knew the specifics of the missing contents, but he actually said it like that.......

"Have you found all your body parts?" Qing Qiu's king moved his eyes to Tian Yao and at the same time started the conversation.

As for the question asked, to Yan Hui it seemed like a very obvious question. Yan Hui found it strange that the Qing Qiu King couldn't tell whether or not Tian Yao's body was complete. Even more strange was that Tian Yao paused before answering.

"I'm already complete," replied Tian Yao.

When Qing Qiu's king heard this, he actually stood up and slowly walked towards Tian Yao: "News from Central Plains said you committed a massacre at Guang Han Sect?"

Yan Hui was a bit startled by those words. She turned to look at Tian Yao. Yan Hui really didn't know the specifics of what happened back there. However since that day Tian Yao dug her out of the dirt and rubble, Guang Han Sect had been quiet. It can be speculated that the sect's situation wasn't good.