CHAPTER 105

When Yan Hui rushed over to the cold springs, she saw the surroundings were already a mess. Trees were broken, and the springs' waters were turbid. Some of the treetops were also on fire. If something wasn't done, this area would go up in flames.

Yan Hui didn't see any trace of Tian Yao yet. Even though she was anxious, Yan Hui still first used the spring water to put out the blazing treetops.

The sun had already set, but the moon still hasn't risen over the mountain peak yet. Everything was dark. Yan Hui covered her eyes with demon magic and started to look for Tian Yao among the trees.

She searched for a long time before finally seeing a flash of firelight in the forest. Yan Hui immediately focused in that direction and headed over. As she was running over, she also heard hurried sounds of someone walking.

He was forcing his way through the underbrush, and Yan Hui could clearly heard him bumping into tree branches.

Yan Hui gave chase, calling out the entire time. She was even starting to go a little hoarse. But the person in front just wouldn't stop. From the sound of his footsteps, it didn't seem like he was in bad shape. Even though he wasn't running fast and was a bit hurried, his footsteps were steady. He probably didn't experience any big problem, but then why did he keep running?!

Yan Hui continued to chase. They almost ran all the way to the palace when Yan Hui angrily stopped: "What are you running for?!" She seethed, "You stop right there!"

And the running sounds actually stopped.

Yan Hui felt a little crushed. She had accompanied him for so long, seen so many different sides of him. And now he was unexpectedly avoiding her, acting like a little kid who did something bad and hiding from his mom to avoid a spanking.

Yan Hui felt somewhat helpless but mostly wanted to laugh. She pretended to be angry: "Come here."

It was silent over there. It seemed like hesitance. Finally, slow footsteps were heard coming through the the underbrush. He was going towards Yan Hui.

In due course, the moon had already revealed herself. It was like misty water undulating within the forest. Tian Yao had his head tilted and somewhat unnaturally stood in front of Yan Hui. On his head were two little horns that appeared some unknown time ago. They were different than the impressive horns his dragon form normally had. These two little horns were like a little child's fingers and didn't stick up far from his head. It was like the suddenly appeared with a "puff" on his forehead.

Yan Hui's gaze immediately fell on the little horns. Then she bit hard on her lips to keep a "puff" of laughter from escaping.

"What is that?"

Tian Yao turned his head and sighed: "Horns......."

"Ha......." In the end, Yan Hui couldn't hold in her laughter. Tian Yao helplessly looked at her. Yan Hui reached out, held those two little projections, and squeezed one of them: "It feels.......a little soft......"

Tian Yao held her hand and spiritedly said: "Yan Hui......."

"I'm just going to squeeze the other one......."

"........" Tian Yao was silent for awhile. "Only squeeze it once."

He barely finished speaking when Yan Hui raised both hands. Each hand squeezed once. She was clearly enjoying herself.

When Tian Yao saw how happily Yan Hui was messing with his horns, he didn't stop her. He just stood there and let her play with his extremely strange horns. He waited for Yan Hui to finish playing and take back her hands before turning his head away: "Don't stare......"