CHAPTER 70

Late at night, Yan Hui dreamed about Tian Yao again. He silently sat by her, accompanying her through the night. At night in her dreams, Yan Hui was vulnerable: "It hurts so much."

Her words caused Tian Yao's eyebrows to furrow. He remained silent for a long time before responding: "Do you regret coming to Chen Xing Mountain?"

Even though her mind was muddled and in a mess, Yan Hui didn't even hesitate to shake her head: "No regret."

In her entire life, even if she had to experience pain 100x  worse, she had never once regretted it. When she was small, she met that elegant, white-clothed xian cultivator. She held his hand and followed him step by toddling step to Chen Xing Mountain.

He was her savior, her family, and her unspoken dream that she had since small.

Even though the man who gave her everything had already whipped that everything to shreds, the gratefulness and emotions were really still there. It was Ling Xiao who created the current Yan Hui. She would never regret meeting him, never regret coming to Chen Xing Mountain.

The corner of Tian Yao's lips slightly tightened. He didn't talk anymore until Yan Hui fell deep asleep.

Third day. Fourth day. Fifth day. Every day, the whipping continued. Every day, Yan Hui's inner breath grew weaker and weaker. The night of the fifth day when Zi Yue came to send food, Yan Hui didn't even have the strength to raise her head. The food was right in front of her. She could see it, but she couldn't move her hand to get it.

"There's still four more days.......you're going to be beaten to death like this."

Yes, the soul-destroying whipping punishment destroyed the base for cultivation, but no one knew if the person would be beaten to death before the base was destroyed.

"Head Senior Disciple has already knelt in front of shifu for three days now.........his face has already lost all color. But shifu is still unmoved. We........also can't do anything about it."

Yan Hui heard, and the corner of her mouth trembled into a smile. Ling Xiao.........really could harden his heart. When his mind was made up, no one could change it.

Yan Hui closed her eyes and didn't speak. Zi Yue saw she was unable to eat and drew the basket back up: "Before, I always thought that Head Senior Disciple favored you. That's why I really didn't like you. This time, I will help him. I'll plead with him for shifu to change his mind."

Zi Yue liked Zi Chen. Yan Hui had always known this. She listened to Zi Yue's footsteps fade away and couldn't focus on anything anymore. Her mind was in a haze, and she sank into nothingness.

Five days of punishment have already passed. Yan Hui's body was extremely cold, and it was because of that that Yan Hui discovered the heart protection scale was scaldingly hot. It was like her body's last line of defense, giving her a sole bit of warmth.

Yan Hui felt herself sinking into a mix of bitter cold and nothingness when her heart suddenly warmed up. That warmth spread throughout her body.

"Yan Hui."

She heard Tian Yao calling for her. It was different from the previous days of warm silence. What she heard today was more like the Tian Yao she knew.

"Yan Hui, don't give up." His voice floated in her mind. "Endure it a little more."

His voice was like a hand, supporting the sinking Yan Hui. The heart protection scale grew hotter and hotter. It made Yan Hui involuntarily think that if Tian Yao had never suffered those injuries, his arms would probably be this warm........

Yan Hui was suddenly really happy she got to know a person named Tian Yao. In this situation, he not only was able to make her feel mournful, but also was able to make her think about other matters.