CHAPTER 60

When he said those words, Yan Hui was surprised.

Yan Hui had thought about this better. Tian Yao knew some of the people in the nine-tailed fox demon clan from before, so there was a possibility he would meet some old friends here now.

Sure enough, he did meet some friends, but who would've thought Tian Yao's old friend was from the royal family........

"I'm still doing well," lightly responded Tian Yao. He looked at the Third Prince's eyes and fell silent for a moment. "Chang Lan, how have you been?"

"Ah," smiled Chang Lan. "I have enough life to live for now." Done speaking, he patted Zhu Li. "I have some previous matters to talk about with my old friend. A'Li, can you help me bring a letter to the king? It's asking for Tian Yao to have an audience with him tomorrow."

Zhu Li responded favorably to those words: "I'll go tell Royal Grandfather."

Zhu Li withdrew from the room. The other servants also followed suit. The boy the doctor left behind thoughtfully requested Yan Hui to move to another room for her acupuncture treatment. Yan Hui shot Tian Yao a glance, but it didn't look like he wanted her to stay. Thus, she left with the boy.

Everyone has a little mystery in their past.

Zhu Li quickly returned. The king had consented to Chang Lan's request for Tian Yao and Yan Hui to enter the palace the next day. Pushing it back a day was still gaining a day. Yan Hui secretly let how a sigh of relief.

"Then you should come back with me first. Tian Yao and Third Uncle will probably be talking for a while."

It just so happened the boy just finished giving Yan Hui acupuncture. He supported her up and inserted himself in the conversation: "Heir, the doctor said that Miss's wound needs nine days of acupuncture. It's best to stay in Third Uncle's residence for those nine days. It's easier for the doctor to do checkups."

Yan Hui thought about it: "That's right. I get treatment here. Tian Yao reminisces here with his old friend. Living here is also convenient."

Zhu Li opened his mouth, but to his surprised, he couldn't think of any reason to take Yan Hui away. He saw Yan Hui tick off on her fingers which of her things she wanted Zhu Li to order people to bring here. He gritted his teeth and endured for a long time, but in the end, he turned and left in a huff: "Get them yourself. I don't have that many people for you to order around."

"Ah......." Yan Hui watched Zhu Li leave. She pouted and muttered, "That brat isn't tall, and his heart is small, but he has a pretty big temper."

Zhu Li had taken one step out the doorway when Yan Hui's words stabbed him in the knee. He gritted his teeth and resolved to go back and get Yan Hui's shabby things and toss them out.

At dusk, two people from the Seventh Prince's residence moved over Tian Yao's and Yan Hui's scant belongings. Yan Hui weighed the money from her bag in her hand and thought, that brat Zhu Li was a hypocrite, words completely different from his actions.

This entire day, even to dinnertime, Tian Yao didn't come out of that room.

Those two men had been reminiscing in that room the whole day.......Yan Hui, who grew up in the rumor-filled Chen Xing Mountain, couldn't help forming some strange ideas.

She was so enthralled in her own guess that she didn't eat well at dinner. When night fell, Yan Hui got hungry. She thought about it and decided to find her way to the kitchen to steal some mantou to fill her belly.

She had just entered the kitchen and looked around the stove when she heard a rustling noise.

It wasn't mice........