Chapter 10: Day Off

After the attack on USJ, all students had the next day off

Y/n woken late that day. Genos was nowhere to be seen. Putting her oppai hoodie on, she left going off on her adventure. Jogging down the streets. Her hair pulled back. Shorts and running shoes. Seeing a familiar blonde guy, she goes turning away hoping he wouldn't see her.

"Hey! Genos's Sensei!" The blonde shouted, "Yeah! Sensei!!"

She sighs, turning around seeing none other Mirio. Awkwardly smiling trying to hide the fact she was trying to avoid him. "Hey Mirio," she says watching the male running over.

Mirio huffs out, his hand on her shoulder. As he catches his breaths. He smiles brightly.

"It's good to see you again sensei!" Mirio pulls her into a hug. Letting go he rubs his head. "Sorry about that! Thought you might want a hug! Since well... I heard what happen at USJ!" Mirio says looking towards her with some pity.

She pouts, waving her hands in front of her. "It's fine. Everything is fine" she says trying not to give out her frustrations realizing that she was most likely stronger than the strongest hero. She slightly smiles at him in reassurance. Looking around it seemed just him was out. "Are you here by yourself?" She asks tilting her head some.

"Oh! Yeah! My old pop thought it would be a good idea! And needed to get groceries." Mirio beams. "What about you?"

"I was just jogging" she hums. Looking around the area. Her stomach growls.

"Oh! Want to go eat?" Mirio asks fidgeting with his hands.

"Ah- I didn't bring my wallet or phone with me.." She tries to explain, feeling guilty.

"That's doesn't matter, I'd offer! Let me pay! That's what heroes are for! To help people in need- and seems to me you are hungry" Mirio winks, smiling. Slightly nudging the smaller girl.

She smiles nodding her head. "I.... I can't say no to free food!" She can't help but feel that Mirio rubs off on her, making her want to smile more. It was a strange feeling to have. But it was also pleasant. He was bright, warm, and even inviting. He laughs and talks. He was like the sun to her. She hopes he doesn't run out of shine and stays like that for a long time. She knows with the little interactions she held with him, that in fact would be a good hero.

Getting pulled into another hug, she didn't fight it.

"Great! What about going to Mc Donald's?" Mirio asks, now holding her hand. Dragging her toward the fast-food restaurant.

"Yeah sounds good" She nods her head. Not minding the human touch.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Once arriving at the fast food place, Mirio opens the door for her.

"We're here sensei!" Mirio grins motioning her to enter.