Chapter 24: Outing with Garou

Another day has passed, and Genos starts making breakfast for them both in the kitchen

Another day has passed, and Genos starts making breakfast for them both in the kitchen. Y/N picks up an old comic book but only to toss it on the ground minutes later. Genos turns to face her, a brow quirking upward. He could hear her grumbles of frustration.

"Are you okay? I heard All Might came over the other day." Genos frowns; he had no idea what All Might had done, but finding her on the ground near the front door was enough for him to loathe the guy.

Genos approaches her, trying to see whether she notices his movements. He caresses her on the top of the head with his hand. She subconsciously leans closer to feel his touch. He drew away from her unexpected movement, and heat emerged on his face, which thankfully she didn't notice. He regains his composure as focuses his attention towards Y/N's frame and state she was in.

"Yeah, it's just that heroes in comics are different than in real life—" Y/N nods, though she still has a bitter taste from it all.

"Sensei, I don't know what happen or what was said.

"But believe in yourself, you are a good hero." Genos retorts with a small thin smile, before going back to cooking.

Y/N rolls her eyes as well as shrugs her shoulders.

"It seems like you are the only one you think that Gen." She sighs another time frowning more, hiding away her face in her arms that rested on the counter.

"I think we should try to train more"

Genos comes to a halt, his cheeks flushed with astonishment at his new nickname, only then, hearing another statement about training, he spins around faster than he anticipated he would. He was ultimately able to say something despite his jumbled thoughts.

"Just the two of us?" He was overjoyed to train with his master, but he has forgotten the new nickname his master had given him.

With a nod of her head and an aloof smile, she peeks through her arms.

"Of course, you are my disciple, and I should be helping you rather– than the other way around." Her mindset has been rather unpleasant in recent days, as it appears that Genos has been taking care of her and supporting her more than she has been helping him.

"Besides, I owe you. You basically let me live here for free—and you cook as well—now that I think about it...we look like a married couple, but without kids and you know...." She pauses, not wanting to say anything too inappropriate, frowning as she contemplates more of their friendship.

Genos starts coughing furiously, while his face turns a vibrant tomato red. He shook his head and waved his arms in the air. He calms himself down again after swiftly turning around to view her oblivious expression. His reaction wasn't as intense as he imagined it was because she didn't appear to notice at all. Or she was oblivious to his emotions.