Chapter 47: White Noise

Once again separating from the group that had just reunited. Y/N's eyes widen as she turns in their direction, without thinking. Her stomach sags deeper with each step she takes closer.

Such uneasiness.

Tremors beneath the ground rumble in the surrounding areas, and terrified screams echo across the city.

Getting closer and closer, she get's so close that sh!!—halts in her tracks.

Genos couldn't look back towards her, his arms protectively around Eri.

Y/N frowns with her lips pursed in guilt.

'I'm a horrible selfish friend' Her mind raced with thoughts of Shinsou and Garou. She was no different than Mirio and the heroes before her if she left them.

'I'm sorry' She bitterly gives her apologies to everyone.

Even though she knew no one would hear her apology, this was no different than class 1-A. Was she like them? Perhaps they were right about her in the end.

***

"Garou?! Shinso—!!?" Her voice gradually trembles, straining every vocal cord she possesses. What felt like an eternity of searching through the mangled building was only a few minutes at most. Though Y/N didn't know that, her heart was pounding against her chest.

She could definitely feel herself starting to feel queasy. Hair wants to stick to her as sweat falls off of her skin. Gulping down each watery itchiness she might have, uncomfortably.

Her muscles twitched in agitation, the anxiety ate away at her thoughts.

'Were they dead?'

'Did the earthquake hurt them more?'

'What if I can't find them?'

Y/N just needed to worry about making sure her other two friends were alive.

The jittery feeling of all the movements she makes. Sweat trickled down her temples as her heartbeat raced, and she felt the adrenaline rush's effects.

Hell, she can feel the guilt for almost leaving eroding her as her thoughts race around in circles with yet more "what ifs" to consider. Her mother was right about her; she was a fool. Whatever she tried fell short. Midoriya was right—