Chapter 30.1 : House Of Evolution

  The days that followed were a jumble involving news, heroes, and politics.

Everyone wanted to know who the girl was.

Of course, no one will come to find out anytime soon.

Y/N sat on the sofa, daydreaming. She has officially abandoned any plans to attend UA. She even informed them in writing that she was quitting. She was only going to be a hero for the sake of having fun and doing whatever made her happy. There is nothing else. Besides, she could mooch off Genos as much as she wanted now that she will be helping him train and giving him her undivided attention from now on.

Though she wasn't sure where Garou had gone, she imagined doing something to become a great "villain" or "monster"; she could understand him in some respects. He was also pretending.

She forced herself to act as though this was what needed to be, just as she had done while she was at UA. But in the end, she was the one who suffered. She hoped Garou realized he was acting and won't destroy himself in the process of pretending.

She hopes he grows to take care of himself. That he also didn't have to prove anything as well.

She drew her knees closer to her chest. She flipped through the channels, seeking anything fascinating to watch. Her body flopped against Genos, who didn't move after making contact. While engrossed in his reading, he looked unconcerned about the sudden closenesses.

An abrupt explosion through the roof destroyed the atmosphere. The invader who wrecked the living room swings towards Y/N. Y/N wasted little time in throwing her fist towards them, striking them in the face. Crushing the entity in an instant.

"Your gonna pay for my ceiling" She huffs as she views her living room devastated.

"There two more out—"

"Master?" Genos peered throughout the flat, but there was no sign of Y/N.

He hasn't seen her fight in a long time, since she became his master. Of course, she was certainly powerful, but some of him wondered whether she had lost her expertise from spending so much time at UA. But it seems that he was mistaken.

Jumping out the window, he notices two creatures' legs standing upright as their remaining bodies are pushed to the ground.

He could hear Y/N grumbling and gritting her teeth, muttering, "Don't bust people's ceilings..." as she stood ominously beside them. Genos was taken aback by her tactics.

"Never mind the ..." Genos mumbles out

"There's a front door for a reason—" She then was suddenly pulled to the ground, only her head was still out.

Genos was ready to call her out when he realized she was only goofing around. He strikes the bridge of his nose with his fingers. He wished she would care or take things more seriously because her life could be at risk at times, and she didn't seem to care. This irritated him even more so. He wished she would learn to take better care of herself. He clenches his teeth. He has a scowl on his lips.