Chapter 25: Tears & Bonding

It was finally the day when Y/N would either have a positive or negative answer

It was finally the day when Y/N would either have a positive or negative answer. Genos pats her on the back of the head, leaving no room for encouragement. However, he later commented something along the lines of 'No matter what, you are still a hero,' which was nice and did help her in little ways.

So now she waits outside the conference room, which was packed with lawyers, heroes, cops, and members of the school faculty. Because she was too young to talk in such a manner, her principal kept his word to help her. He was going to intervene in getting her out of this situation. Y/N had no indication if this would go smoothly after speaking with doctors during her time away from school since the incident. But nonetheless, she had come to an understanding with herself that she'll be okay with any choice.

When she was talking to the physicians, she already knew her family life wasn't great; in fact, she didn't have one at all. Sleepless nights about her mother. She closes her sleepy eyes while gripping the chair she was on. A headache began to build in her head.

She glances around the place, blinking her eyes to keep alert. Seeing unknown heroes and cops patrolling the area. One of the persons present, who didn't enjoy her attention, noticed her lingering stares. They squint at her, muttering swear words under their breath and averting their gaze from hers.

Closing her eyes, she slumps in the chair becoming like jello. Just as she relaxes her tense body, the door slams open making her sit up and straighten her posture back. Seeing a cop walking over to her rather quickly with an agitated expression.

"You're lucky Nezu likes you kid." He gives out a snarl shoving past anyone in his way.

She looks back seeing Nezu and her homeroom teacher Mr. Aizawa, they both seemed relieved. The two adults walk over to her.

"So I can go back?" She asked, with the slightest hope they would expel her from the school.

"No kid— "

This perks her up, a smile started to form only for a second until he hears more of what he was saying.

"Summer break is coming up and so we're having a training camp for Class 1," He says tiredly.

She slumps down, nodding her head.

"Alright..." She asked towards Nezu whom smiled towards her.

"See you soon"

With that Y/N was a free woman once again. Her teacher and Principal left in opposite directions. Y/N was left with mixed emotions from all the waiting she had to do. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

She was further away from her peers' eyes there. She had no emotional attachment to any of them. Nor would she would ever have one. Her gaze would be drawn to a fluff of green hair. Her head throbbed from gazing at the hypocritical guy. Her drab eyes return to her teacher, who was talking about something that she was not paying any attention to, becoming lost from the words he was spewing out.