Chapter 43: Revelations

Mirio shifts uncomfortably in the area he had told Y/N to come to so they could talk with him and Sir Night-Eye about Eri

Mirio shifts uncomfortably in the area he had told Y/N to come to so they could talk with him and Sir Night-Eye about Eri. His consciousness was beginning to eat away at him as he goes back to think about the conversation he had with Midoriya when they were having a meeting. His guilt was suffocating, making it hard to swallow.

'I'm sorry Y/N, I'm sorry,' He thinks, hoping Y/N actually would not show up.

His palms begin to sweat, his heart sinks seeing Y/N casually walking closer to him, not aware of what's to come. He frowns not being able to bare to look at her, he was unsure where Genos was but he knew getting here was going to destroy the trust in his friendship with Y/N and Genos. He knew now that this was a mistake. He couldn't do this and he knew he couldn't stop the consequences to come.

***

A day before Mirio was told to meet Y/N, he sat in the meeting room, where others attempted to locate and stop Overall. Guilt smothered over him knowing the cold truth about why they couldn't find him.

'He's dead...' Mirio thinks, feeling blameworthy for not having the courage to speak up. He did not want to hurt Y/N or Eri because of this mess. When Mirio had found out that Eri was safe from the abuse of Overall all because of Y/N, his guilt decreased slightly.

He bites the inside of his cheeks becoming more uncomfortable sitting in the meeting. His legs start to kick up and down in an anxious manner, while his fingers start to tap wildly against the table, catching the attention of a certain green hair boy.

Mirio felt at fault that the taxpayer's money was going down the drain and the hero's efforts would be in vain.

The green-haired boy, Midoriya, that sat next to Mirio, started to notice the odd behavior of his friend. Frowning, the gears of his head start to turn, as he tried to figure out what was going on with Mirio.

His friends mood was becoming more irritating when trying to find the answer he needed. He couldn't pay attention to the meeting now as Mirio's behavior was far too strange to go unnoticed now. He was becoming upset about how strange Mirio was acting, he was concerned about Eri and yet it seemed Mirio's mind was elsewhere not paying attention to the important meeting.

This brewing frustration blossoms inside of Midoriya. He starts to clench his jaw tightly, his brows furrowing together while watching Mirio's odd behavior. He begins to tap his fingers on the table in the same way as Mirio does.

Midoriya couldn't get rid of the indignation he had felt since seeing Eri and his frustration added to his stress from not being able to be the hero he desired to be; to save her. It angered him that Mirio's mind was elsewhere instead of focusing on finding that child.

'What could be on his mind that makes it hard for him to not concentrate on finding Eri?' Midoriya ponders scowling more.

"Alright, everyone, thank you for attending. We'll take a quick break. There are refreshments available outdoor and we'll return to the debriefing in about 30 minutes." A man wearing a suit says while ushering heroes out.