Chapter 14: Simple Talks

Middle of nowhere, Garou awakes seeing bandages wrapped around him

Middle of nowhere, Garou awakes seeing bandages wrapped around him. He was laying on a bed in an unfamiliar place. Sitting up he sees a glass of water. Looking around it was a simple old room. His body ached all over. Looking more he saw bloody clothes, he could guess it was his. He didn't remember coming here. He searched more of the room, then reaches for the door. Turning the knob. To his surprise, it was unlocked. Walking down the hallway, there was a living room and kitchen. And the exit. He was walking closer to the exit when the door handle started to move around. Hiding he would attack the intruder.

Y/n held a basket full of fresh fruits and vegetables she gathered around. She opened the door, only to get hit on the shoulder. Looking up to see the hero hunter.

"Oh, you're up" A small comment, from her lips, made Garou's eyes widen remembering her from the fight.

"Shit! Are you okay?" Garou tried to grab the basket from her, which she dodges his efforts slipping underneath his arms. She places the basket on the table near the kitchen.

"I'm fine, are you okay? Should you be moving around like that, hero hunter?" Y/n asked out hoping that was the right name. Felt an ominous aura behind her. And a shadow down casting her. She lifts her head seeing the hero hunter glaring at her.

"How do you know that name?" His voice laced with venom. She blankly stared back indifferent to him trying to be intimidating.

"That other guy, the one with the tongue thing? He called you that" she hums out, before frowning. "Unless that's just a name he calls you to make fun of you... he isn't making fun of you? Right?" She rambles more feeling bad about it. He did get hurt because of her, she felt more awkward as he didn't reply. "God, I'm a bitch. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you a bad name- I-" she rambles which were unlike her to do. Hearing a light laugh. She looks up seeing his body relax, a less scary look on his face. He shakes his head and hands.

"It's a name I'm called by other people." Garou huffs out, controlling his emotions. He couldn't help but find her rather cute and dumb, with her awkwardness. "Call me Garou."

"I'm Y/n, how are your injuries? Ah, one is bleeding. Go sit down- I'll fix it." She says looking over at this bandaged chest. She grabs his hand trying not to hurt him. Garou found it amusing a girl- a stranger was trying to care for him, and she was treating him like he was made of glass when he could very well kill her.

"Why are you helping me? You know I'm not a good person." Garou looks at her, as she removes some bandages to replace them.

"It doesn't matter. You helped me- I'm just... I'm just returning the favor. I don't want to owe anything to anyone..." She furrows her brows hoping it wasn't too arrogant. She was wearing a button-up shirt she found in the closet.

"Ah, is that so." Garou held a cocky grin. "Is this place yours?"

She freezes some before finishing up. "No. I found it, a while back. It's far away from anyone. And seemed like would be helpful to hide away if you needed to be away." She says feeling the void in her chest swell more. Remember her pasts. Biting her lip she calms herself down. Not wanting to go back to those times. She sighs out. "It's doesn't matter. Just thought it would be a good place for you to be able to heal and rest until you go back doing whatever." She moves away from him.
She sits on the floor her head leaning on the couch.

"How long was I out?" Garou asked, his eyes keeping an eye on the girl. She made a sound before she started to count on her fingers.

"About 3 days." She states, pulling her legs closer to her.

"How old are you?" Garou asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm... what year is it?" She asked trying to remember.

"It's 20xx," Garou says, trying not to laugh at her being an idiot.

Counting her fingers again. "Oh. I'm 16 then." She nodded confirming that fact. "My birthday is a few months I think-" she shrugs her shoulder. "How old are you?" She looks over up at him seeing he was staring at her the whole time. A cocky smile forms on his face.

"I'm 18, are you hitting on me kid?" He says teasing her. She shakes her head no.

"If I was hitting on you my fist- wait. I'm dumb. You didn't mean fighting" She stops, shoving her face in her hands. Garou laughs out, rolling his eyes at her. Finding her being so stupid somehow endearing. Blinking some he stops trying to go back to the questions he had.

"Don't you go to school? Aren't your parents worried about you? Kid," Garou frowns at her. She looks up like she realizes she had school.

"I forgot about school. And my parents... they aren't in the picture so" she trailed off, before looking back over towards him. "If you are a bad guy why didn't you kill me, or at least try to?"

"Don't change the subject, kid. Don't you need to go to school?" Garou says frustration in his voice.

"Oh, I guess. I don't think my class likes me that much." She frowns, looking away. "And it wasn't like I wanted to go to that school anyway."

"How so?" Garou leans towards her, wanting to know more about her just so he can use it later if she tries to betray him.

"Just... The school they... doesn't matter. And my classmates don't like me." She huffs out not wanting to express what she felt, truth be told she didn't know how to feel. 

Garou pats her hair, finding it surprisingly soft and silky. "Don't push yourself" he tried to be sympathetic to her, seemed like she was a victim of bullying at school. He frowns at that situation. He rather her not go back to that. But he really didn't know about her situation. "Your hair is very soft," he says changing the subject.

"That's surprising" she mutters out. She looked over at him seeing he was much closer to her face now. Reaching up she to touch his hair but decided not to. Moving her hand back to her lap. His hand caught it. He gives off a cocky grin. Pulling her on the couch with him.

"You can touch my hair if you want, kid" he teasingly says. His hand never left her wrist. He notices simple things about her. Her bangs and hair were messy flowing around her face. Framing it like a painting. Her skin was clear with slight dark circles under her eyes. Her eyes held a lot of emotions that he couldn't explain. Her frame was small. And her hands showed that she used them a lot and some of them were calloused. From his standpoint, she was a hard worker. She held a delicate look, one of innocence and one of being broken. At first glance, she looked pretty average, in every way. But second glance would tell you otherwise. He blushes realizing he was staring at her for too long.

"Just touch my hair alright kid, stop with that stupid pleading look." He grumbles out, not able to look at her. She nodded her head, moving her wrist out of his grasps. She felts his hair, stroking it. It was a funny shape. He reminded her of a dog with white fur. She liked that. She notices his eyes were closed, as she petted him more.

She wonders what he was thinking about. She also worried about Genos. And if Genos was okay about leaving her side. She explained a bit to him a few days ago. And she even told him not to worry she had business to take care of. If anyone asked don't tell. She sighs petting the male head more. She hoped Genos kept his word.

"How long are you planning to stay here?" Garou spoke out not opening his eyes, he enjoys the head pats.

"Until you are healed enough," she says rubbing his hair more. Before stopping, she leans back on the armrest, looking at him. He looked peaceful to her. She yawns her backaches from sleeping on the couch for 3 days.