Chapter 34: Let's Get Talking

The two are warped to a new location

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The two are warped to a new location. Several recognizable individuals who
Y/N has encountered prior were within view, as well as those she has never seen before were also present.

"Alright Doll, we're here." Dabi says giving her a slight nudge for her to move.

Y/N doesn't move from her position, her gaze scanning everyone around her. A girl with blonde hair appears out of nowhere and clings to Y/N's left arm. The unnamed girl nuzzles her face closer to Y/N.

"Wow! I can't believe that we meet again! This must be fate!" Toga grins and her face flushes red, "Oh! If I have you AND Midoriya, things will be perfect!!"

"Eh, you can do better." Y/N cringes simply hearing the name 'Midoriya'. She breaks free from the blonde girl, her skin crawling from the unexpected touch.

Having someone other than Genos touch her makes her feel disgusted; as though bugs were crawling, swarming and borrowing all over and underneath her skin. The sensation makes her feel disturbed and anxious. Even when Genos hugs her, it made her feel awkward but it was atleast bearable to handle. It's an even more uncomfortable feeling when some random stranger grabs her.

Y/N, on the other hand, had been working on some of these problems and focusing on herself. She couldn't handle skinship on a daily basis, she has a limit to what she will put up with from others. She won't just let anyone carelessly touch her, simply because she can tolerate one person. She will no longer allow people to do whatever they want without regard for her or others' feelings. Even if they were weaker than her, she would not make herself uncomfortable for their sake.

"Please let me hug you more!"

"Toga, stop. The girl is clearly uncomfortable. You'll get us killed if you continue your distasteful behavior to our guest." Kurogiri points out while he's behind the bar, mixing a drink together, "I'm sure our leader wants to speak to her. Isn't that right, Shigaraki?"

"Kurogiri is right," Shigaraki's raspy voice cracks, while he scratches his neck, he walks closer to Y/N, getting a good look at her. "You were the brat that defeated my Nomu. The brat that didn't decay from my quirk. The brat that rejects my master's offer."

Shigaraki hands get closer to her neck, "But you are also the brat that rejected All Might. Japan's number one hero— well now-retired number one hero." He moves his hands away from her, before scratching his neck again.

"Heroes are becoming the bad guys, modern-day heroes sure have it rough, but everyone makes a mistake or two, right? So much criticism. It's not like they are supposed to be perfect. A hero in this current system only cares about money and glory."