Chapter 17: Apologies? Too Late

(Y/N) stepped into the classroom, the students' previous chatter slowly dissolved into nothing as their eyes bore into her figure with scrutiny

(Y/N) stepped into the classroom, the students' previous chatter slowly dissolved into nothing as their eyes bore into her figure with scrutiny. She didn't say anything as she entered the room. Suddenly a hand gripped her shoulder, she turned her head to see who was her assailant. Ebony irises slightly glare down at her, it was Mr.Aizawa.

"Come with me, (Y/n). We need to talk." He says as he pulls her out of the room.

They quietly walked down the school's hall until they reached a wooden door. (Y/N) observed that there was a little metal plaque near the door, the words "Teachers Lounge" were engraved into it. Grabbing the handle Mr.Aizawa swiftly slid the door open. After entering the room Mr.Aizawa told her to take a seat, without uttering a single word she complied with what was asked of her. As soon as she sat down in her chair Mr. Aizawa bombarded her with a sea of questions.

"Why did you leave without telling us anything? Are you hurt, kid? What happened on the day of the sports festival? Why did you disappear for so long?" (Y/N) couldn't help, but to toon out his rant.

 She was more focused on his face, more specifically those dark circles under his eyes, they clearly told anyone that he wasn't able to sleep for a while. Snapping back into reality she goes back to paying attention to what Mr.Aizawa is telling her.

 "We - I looked for you through the entire city, kid... No one could contact or find you" He closes his eyes as he finishes, resting his head on his hands as he is feeling more tired by the second. (Y/n) blinks unsure on what to say, she did feel a tad bit of guilt for leaving without an explanation.

"I didn't mean to take that long or worry anyone." She explains... 

"But I can take care of myself." huffing as those words leave her mouth. 

"I got lost in Hosu City because I followed someone's screams of pain. It-" her teacher's rough hold on her shoulders cut her off. 

"Still! You are still a student! My student! You may be strong, but you are still a kid. Let the adults handle it"

She removes his hands off of her, shaking her head no.

"If the heroes run and hide, who will stay to fight? To protect the civilians?" The corners of her mouth deepened as each word left her lips.

 She couldn't understand why Mr. Aizawa cared so much and she didn't like that. That worry in his eyes, in people's eyes; that pity they bring out only for her. She didn't like it, not one bit.

Agitated Mr.Aizawa tries to explain his point "But you aren't a hero."

 "Yeah... that's because in everyone's eyes I'm a monster. Right?" She puffs out.