Chapter 46: Hate You

Previously:

Previously:

"Master!" The two girls looked in the direction of the shouts that could be heard in the distance.

As the person approaches, Y/N's eyes widen, and she trembles. Because of the swirling dust and muck, she couldn't see clearly.

"Genos...?" Y/N Mumbles out.

Her friend and student lifted her body, which held Eri in another warm embrace. Instantly, she could hear Genos's heavy breathing against her shoulder. His cold metal arms wrap around the two females.

***

Genos was held back from his Master, Y/N, who was arrested and taken away from him prior to the chaos. They were set up by a classmate, a friend in whom Y/N trusted.

He couldn't help but swing his fist toward the heroes that held him back from killing Mirio. He couldn't stop the rage within from bubbling over. He slams his fist against the heroes and then the police. He wanted nothing more but to make them suffer.

Despite the chaos and noise around them. Everyone comes to a halt because the loud noise has distracted them. They stared up towards the sky or just around them to see what had happened.

It was deadly silent.

None could understand what was happening.

They stared at the city.

Though it felt like an eternity, them staring towards the ruins of the city was only mere seconds.

He quickly snaps out of the daze of what had happened. The gears of his brain start to turn. Many concerns and worries crowded his rationality.

Was Y/N okay?

She was heading in that direction. Should he go after her?

Should he go find Eri?

His thoughts and concerns about what to do. Conflicted within. He bites down his feelings as he considers what his master, Y/N, would want him to do. What she'd be worried about. That, of course, was Eri.

He rubbed his face to calm his worried heart. He knew deep down that Y/N was or would be alright.

She was strong, but emotionally she was weak.

If something were to happen to Eri, would she break? The thought of her crying broke him.

She had, after all, recently opened her heart to those around them, including him. Her eyes twinkle as she watches him cook, and she smiles on occasion. She was becoming more at ease with everyone else. Walls were beginning to fall down.