Chapter 42: Let's Not Lose Our Heads

"Ah—good

"Ah—good. You finally made it."

The nonchalant exhausted voice says in a puff, belonging to none other than Y/N. She held the front door open wide for her guest.

Dark purple eyes followed her movements, noticing that she was dressed up in her hero suit. He wanted to ask why she was dressed in her hero suit, or when she was going to go out when she wasn't even registered as a hero. Shinsou lightly sighs with a small smile creeping up on his face. His body relaxes being around the woman in front of him. He closes his eyes softly while rubbing his neck in a flustered tone.

"Of course, I'd come whenever you ask. I was worried something might be bothering you." Shinsou replies, his eyes fluttering open.

Their eyes stare at one another, both held an exhausted gleams to them, and both refuse to look away from each other.

A soothing silence falls upon as the two were socially awkward, unsure about what to say next.

A loud explosion breaks their comfortable tranquility and shouting rang out in the background. Y/N's dull eyes widen when she realized why she asked him to come to her apartment in the first place.

"Ah shit." She mutters her lips that were in a line turn downward into a distasteful frown. Her body turned back towards the noise, checking for something Shinsou could not view.

"Did I come at the wrong time? Should I go?" Shinsou asks becoming uncomfortable, anxiety rising inside of him. His mind was wandering if he came too early or on the wrong date.

"It seems like it's always the wrong time." She mumbles absentmindedly while not paying attention to Shinsou; who now had a hurt expression from her words.

Y/N turns her focus back towards Shinsou.

"But that's just because I have two idiots living here, not you. That's why I wanted you to come." She says.

Shinsou sighs out in relief, his face relaxes from her explanation. He tried to remember that Y/N was horrible with social cues and socializing. The hurt he felt for the moment vanishes quickly. She held no malice toward him.

"For the two idiots?" Shinsou asked, still slightly confused about why she needed him, unless... She wanted him to brainwash the two. His eyes widen from the thought. Furrowing his brows together, his body stiffens up.

"To brainwash them? Don't you live with Genos? Isn't he a part of the big 4?"

"Brainwash? What? You can do that?" Y/N asks confused why he would ask that. She tilts her head, bewildered.

"That's my quirk. Did you forget?" Shinsou's face turns red from the embarrassment that he had misunderstood why he was here. It made him more confused about why she asked him to come if not for his quirk.