Chapter 38: Pancakes & Bonding

"Master, what should we do now?" Genos asks while placing down a towering stack of pancakes in front of Eri

"What do you mean?" Y/N asks, cutting some of the mountain of pancakes up, then feeding them to Eri.

"Well, kitten. The apartment is getting quite cramped with all of us living here together." Garou frowns and wipes Eri's face with a napkin. "Careful kid while eating." He mumbles to the girl.

"I wonder why it's so cramped?" Genos grumbles out, clearly insinuating that Garou was the reason. "Also, don't call my master such names. It's very disrespectful." Genos glares at Garou.

"Can I speak to you for a moment?" Genos goes to pulls Y/N to the side, throwing a concerning look towards her.

"I'll join too!" Garou raises his hand up, grinning at the two, wanting nothing more but to annoy them further.

"No, piss off."

Genos scowls at Garou, who soon goes back to his seat, his grin faltering. Garou lays his head on the table, his eyes going to the tower of pancakes and the girl who was busy shoving them in her mouth. His eyes wonders off towards Y/N's figure. He frowns once more.

"Your mommy is getting taken away by that shit eating asshole." Garou grumbles out, a huge sigh escapes his mouth.

He didn't care who the kids father was anymore, as long as the man wasn't in the picture. Hell! He didn't care if Y/N had kidnapped the kid. To him, whatever Y/N was doing, was amusing. Teasing her, calling her nicknames that she clearly dislikes, her nose crinkling up from the names, everything she did was too cute to him. Even playing house was fun to him; with her that is.

Garou always had one goal and that was to become the number one villain, but meeting and having Y/N in his life was making his goal difficult. Clearly, the heroes were wrong. Their thinking was delusional. All of them are assholes. Bullies, even. They were all pretty fucking weak, at least to him he thought.

Ever since he met her, his goals ever changing to revolve around her. He couldn't explain why, or what the feelings  were but he wanted to make her dreams and wishes come true. He wanted to stay by her side and see what happens.

If it meant stopping his own goal, he would do so, though it might be difficult to do. He would the very least try.

No, taking back what he just thought, he would quit his goal completely and get a normal job. His mind wondering off to her. To her hopes and dreams to even when was her birthday? He smiles thinking about Y/N with a smile on her face eating a cake. He was at times, jealous of Genos who was able to provide housing and let her be lazy without a care in the world. If he could provide a life for her like that. Where she didn't have to worry about anything, then maybe life was worth something.

"If she's mommy, then who is daddy?" Eri asks, shoving more pancakes in her mouth. She never thought she could eat something like this. Sweet, buttery all fluffy and warm. She thought that if she could finish the mountain of pancakes then that robot man would keep making them.