1. Meet Noah

Noah's POV

"GET BACK HERE YOU SLUT!" He screamed at me. I continued running away as I got closer to my car. The heavy sounds of his footsteps getting closer made me pick up my pace.

"NO! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" I breathed heavily as I got inside the car and locked it quickly like my life depended on it, because it did. He approached the window of the car and tried breaking the window. It cracked slightly as he growled at me.

"OPEN UP BITCH!" He pounded faster but I pulled away from the meadow and drove away. My heart beat was fast and my eyes filled with tears. I wiped the ones that fell onto my cheeks. I finally got the courage to stand up to that devil. After weeks of torment, I finally told him no.

He didn't take my rebellion well. But I didn't care. This is about me. I didn't feel safe. I drove past the fields filled with blooming flowers thanks to the summer sun. But I'm still crying. I couldn't see from the tears and my vision was impaired. My driving became shaky as all I saw was blurry. I swerved as I saw a tree get close to me. I tried escaping it but then...

CRASH!

*

I woke up. That damn dream has been haunting me since it happened. I've tried to ignore the dream. But I guess what makes it worse is that the dream actually happened. And it was an accident that forever changed my life. It's hard to explain the effect but just know that it's made me become a sort of empty vessel of my former self. I'm sure this story might give some better insight.

"NOAH! TIME FOR SCHOOL!" My mother screamed from the bottom of the stairs. I groaned and put my hands over my face. Fuck you September!

"Oh shit!" I got up and saw I sweated up a storm. It isn't even hot but I guess remembering your trauma can make you nervous or something. I went to my desk and opened the damn orange pill bottle. I pulled out one pill and swallowed it.

'Omg he didn't swallow it with water! He's weird.' Shut the fuck up!

I showered at night so all I need to do is dress. I brushed my teeth because my morning breath stinks. I used to love going to school but the public education system has made my passion and fire burn out. And after the accident it got worse.

I don't need your pity. I'm fine. That's what I tell everyone who even cares enough to talk to me. I go downstairs since my room is on the third floor. It's not an actual floor but a room in the attic that I have for myself. My parents insisted I take one of my younger sibling's rooms to have better access to the bathroom after the accident but I prefer my privacy.

"Hey sweetie. Breakfast is ready if you want any." my mother spoke in her sweet voice. She said 'if you want any' because she knows that I rarely eat breakfast. His words would always ring in my ear when I ate. I tried to block them out but he carved pieces of my self esteem until it was left with an empty version of myself.

I simply got my backpack and swung it over my arm and headed out the door.

"BYE NONO!" my little sister Carla said. She was always my favorite person out of everyone in the family. She was there for me after the accident and would enter my room every night to make sure I was sleeping okay. I gave her a simple wave and walked out. I passed the wilting hydrangeas that needed cutting.

"Have a fun day sport." dad said. Dad has been trying to get me to be more open. He would invite his buddies over and they would bring their sons to play. It never worked so he stopped but he would make the effort to make me feel better.

"Bye dad." I responded.

I walked down the steps and looked over at our old neighbors house. Back then an elderly couple lived there but the husband died and the wife moved to a home. I didn't care. I once heard them calling a gay kid a slur and they also threatened to shoot BLM protesters. Karma is a bitch.

But that's not what caught my attention. Instead I saw a moving truck. It was situated in the street in front of it and the owner's car was in the driveway. Several cardboard boxes stood on top of each other looking like they were about to collapse any moment.

Rather than pay any more attention, I just walked fast to avoid human interaction. I walked fast and reached the school. It was only about 10 minutes away. My dad offered to buy me another car after the... indecent. But ever since then I refuse to drive. The warning bell rang soon and it was time to head to class.

"Hey there little Noah." his voice rang in my ears and I already knew who it was.

"H-hey Mack." my voice trembled. Mack was a passive-aggressive type bully, if that's a thing. Rather than shove me into a locker or spill milk on me, he teased me by calling me pet names. He would always talk about how short I was or how baby-like my face was.

"What's wrong, squirt? Can't even look at your superiors." His voice was a bit irritated. I looked down to not see his eyes.

"Aww c'mon, I know you're shy. Want me to hold your hand? Give you kisses on your boo-boo?" I'm pretty sure he thinks he's funny but he isn't.

"I-I need to g-get to class." I responded. He lifted my face by my chin and looked at me.

"I'll see you around, fag." He said that last word nonchalantly. Excuse me, you're the one who's offering me to kiss me. I turned around and took two steps before he slapped my ass. I turned around and saw him giggling at himself.

The only reason I don't tell anyone about him is because he's on the football team. The football team can get away with anything. When Mack groped me, I told a student advisor, who is an actual student, and they told Mack what I reported. Mack then tried to tell the whole school I sucked him off and that I was a whore but I agreed that I wouldn't tell anyone.

The rest of the day went by normally. My normal. Sitting alone in every class and at lunch with no friends. I had some friends before the accident but afterwards they abandoned me when I became a social outcast. I don't need friends, they disappoint me.

I began walking home and I felt awkward after Mack tried kissing my cheek during lunch. I know I'm gay (surprise surprise) but that doesn't mean I want to go around kissing every guy. Funny how it's always straight guys who do the gayest shit and INSIST they aren't gay.

Makes you wonder, huh?

I reached my house and saw the moving truck still there. But most of the boxes were inside. I saw my mom in the new neighbors lawn and I already knew she had invited them to dinner. And then she's gonna make me eat with them. And make me clean my room, even though we won't be eating in my room. And then make me talk to them and introduce myself. And God forbid there be a person my age! Mom would make me talk to them.

I decided to go through the side entrance of our house since it led to the back yard. The backyard was a nice flat area. There was a patio, large pool, a garden, and a playground for my younger siblings. But MY favorite part wasn't in the backyard but beyond it. The woods.

Since our town is pretty small with no crime, there aren't any back fences. So our backyard leads directly into the woods. I sighed in relief when I entered and smelled the okay scent.

Just like when I first found you.

I continued walking through the woods and shivered a bit from the cold. After walking for a while, I found it.

Standing on top of a large oak tree, accentuated by ladders and branches, was my favorite place in this damn town, my treehouse.