21. Coming Out

Noah's POV

Smitten. That's how I feel right now. I feel like a princess who was saved from a tower by a handsome prince. My prince being Aaron. But I'm not a princess.

I'm a king.

"Hey sweetie. How was today?" Mom asked me when I entered home. I turned to see her and my dad watching the TV. I think it was time to tell them. I may not know my sexuality exactly, but I had a feeling I knew that I like men.

I nervously walked over to the recliner that was next to the couch. I played with my shirt and I stared at them.

"Do you love me?" I asked them as tears started to build up in my eyes. My vision was cloudy and the ringing in my ear grew louder.

"Of course, son. We'll love you no matter what." Mom said. Her words encouraged me more to say what I've been meaning to say.

"I'm gay." I said. I let a few tears fall, refusing to look them in the eyes. I felt like such a huge disappointment. I'll never become someone they can be proud of. Since the accident, I became closed off, and my connection with my family split apart. I feel like my parents feel like they lost a son who checked out on reality. And now I'm gay. Could I be more of a disappointment? Wait until, if, they find out about what caused the accident. I'll be done for.

"Noah. We love you no matter what." Mom said as she hugged me from the side. I sobbed harder, not able to comprehend the acceptance of my parents.

"You guys aren't mad?" I sobbed. My dad got up and went to my other side and patted my back in an affectionate way.

"Son. No matter what you do, we will always love you." Dad said, his words sincere. I let them hug me for a while until I was able to calm down.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked, hinting to a much deeper meaning.

"Of course." I said.

"So where did you go?" Mom asked.

"On a date with Aaron." I said. Mom's eyes widened until her features softened.

"Aaron is indeed a great boy. If he makes you happy, then we support you." Mom said.

I smiled, happy that I had this conversation with my parents. But most of all, happy that this was the first conversation with my parents in years where I was able to open up.

I took a quick shower, cleansing myself from any negative energy that may have manifested today. No dark thoughts. Only good ones. A knock from my door alerted me and I saw it was my dad standing there. I guess I forgot to lock the door.

"Hey, son." Dad's caring voice comforted me.

"Hi dad." I said. I felt nervous again. I hope dad wasn't upset at me. I know that he's tried so hard to get me to talk more.

"I'm proud of you today." Dad said, sitting on the edge of my bed. A feeling of pride overtook me.

"Thank you dad."

"I know these past few years, you haven't been yourself. What you did today, opening up and telling us your true feelings, I haven't seen that in so long. I hope you continue to work and feel like yourself again." Dad said as I began to sob silently. I expected him to get angry, but in fact, he's happy.

"Thanks dad. I expected you to get angry at me for being gay." I said.

"When I was younger, an event made me realize that being gay doesn't matter, because love will always be more important." Dad said. I looked at his face, and judging by his look, he knows what he's talking about.

"So, Aaron. Does he treat you well?" Dad asked me. I looked at him and one of his eyebrows was raised.

"Yeah. I like being with him." I said. Dad nodded in approval.

"It's great that you finally have someone to talk to." Dad said.

"Yeah. He's amazing." I said.

"If he hurts you, I'll make sure to-"

"I get it dad. He won't hurt me." I said. Aaron is amazing. He's caring. He looks out for me.

"Night, son." Dad said. I said goodnight back and he left my room as I laid back, hugging my pillow close to me. I missed Aaron. I wanted to see him again.

Holy shit! Aaron and I went on a date! The thought just hit me. This is huge. And I don't know what to do afterwards. I mean, I agreed to another date. Isn't the second date where you kiss? And then the third you have...

...Yeah. Not sure how to feel.

But knowing Aaron, he'll go slow. He'll make sure I feel safe.

I wasn't sure if we were officially dating. He never officially asked me out, though I'm hoping he might. But would he hide me? Would he keep his 'straight' persona and never hug or kiss or hold my hand in public? If he wanted to hide me, I guess I'll let him. But if he wants to show me off, I won't protest it.

I smiled to myself as I looked around my room. It's been a while since I was happy in my room. I also noticed that I felt okay with sleeping in my room tonight. Sleeping in my room was usually met with me refusing to sleep because the feeling of uncomfortableness would be too much. But tonight, tonight was much more different.

Knowing that Aaron was somewhere next to me. It felt exhilarating that Aaron focused on me. His attention was on me.

I looked outside my window and saw Aaron standing there changing. He put his shirt on and made eye contact with me. Only this time, I didn't run away.

"Goodnight." He mouthed. He waved at me.

"Goodnight." I said back. I waved at him too as he both looked at each other a while longer before we simultaneously turned off the lights and went to bed.

Life might just be worth living for.

------

he came out! this is such a huge development for noah.

bye! i really love you all!

update!

His Saint, His Jewel is now out! This story is not about Petey himself but his best friend. Don't worry though, Petey does make several appearances.