11. Hogwarts, Bitch

Noah’s POV

The rest of the week went on, and I continued to ignore Aaron. I made sure to walk to school earlier. After school didn’t matter since he had football practice. He did try to talk to me, giving me a simple greeting. I think he knew I didn’t want anything to do with him, so he said little words. I appreciated him looking out for me. 

Made me feel like I mattered to someone.

It was Saturday morning. I had finished all my homework the night before, meaning this whole week was full of nothing. So I guess you know what time it was.

Tree house time!

It was ten in the morning. And I packed my backpack with books and snacks. I headed out, giving Carla a goodmorning and my mom a wave. I walked into the woods and continued the path. I felt off during the walk. Almost like someone was following me.

I arrived at my treehouse, my second home. I reached the base and climbed onto the slowly decaying woods. The planks creaked when I put my foot on it. Looks like it’s almost time to replace them.

I entered the home, and immediately laid on the bed. The soft mattress made me want to fall asleep. I pulled out a book and began reading. I scanned the pages, engrossing every word into my brain.

Minutes in, I had finished a bag of chips, finished three chapters of a book, and came up with an idea of printing more money without making it worth less. 

Solution: just don’t decrease its value!

I was jolted when I heard the wood plank creak. I looked at the trap door opening, feeling like someone was on the other side. I grabbed a pair of scissors nearby and held them out as a weapon.

The trap door opened. 

“SO YOU’VE CHOSEN DEATH!” I said lunging forward.

“Woah! Slow down!” Aaron said. I stopped lunging and saw him with an amazed smile. I immediately backed away, hiding the scissors and feeling embarrassed.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Aaron while he lifted himself to get into MY treehouse. He got in and sat on one of the bean bag chairs on the wall.

“I followed you.” He simply said.

“What? Why? Are you stalking me?” I said, feeling my fingers grasp the scissors harder.

“I guess. Just wanted to see what a kid like you does on the weekends.” He said.

“Kid like me?”

“Yeah. Ya’know? Quiet and…”

“And?”

“Nothing.” He decided not to finish. “So, what is this place?” He stood up and walked around. 

“Hogwarts, bitch.” I said, sounding annoyed that he dared to bother me.

“Calm down! Hey, why do you have scissors?” He asked.

“To cut off your foreskin if you don’t stop bothering me!” I snapped.

I layed back down on my bed, choosing to ignore his existence. I closed my eyes and layed like I was dead in a coffin. I felt him moving around my room. Then I felt him close to me. I opened my eyes and saw he was sitting down next to the bed, next to MY FACE.

“You have really nice lashes.” He said, looking like he was admiring my features. I turned away, facing away from him.

“Whatever. Why are you here?”

“Just wanted to hang out.” 

“Don’t you have your football friends to hang out with?” He smiled at me.

“Yeah. But I’d rather get to know you.” To say I was blushing was an understatement. I had to put my face in my pillow to hide myself. He chuckled.

“So, tell me about yourself, Noah.” He laid his head on his hands which were on the edge of my bed. He looked intensely at me.

“What do you want to know?”

“Everything.” 

And that’s how the rest of the day was spent. I told Aaron small details about me. Some vague, some specific. But in the back of my mind, I keep telling myself one thing.

‘Don’t get too close. Remember last time. He’s going to hurt you.’

And while I wanted to ignore it, it’s hard to forget your mistakes. And the cause of what led you to it. If Aaron wants to be friends, then so be it. But that’s it.

“Noah, I wanted to know if- oh hello Aaron.” Dad had opened the trap door and poked his head in. He didn’t expect me to have company. Therefore his shocked choice of words. I saw a smile fall on his face. He looked excited, probably because I’m hanging out with someone besides myself.

“Hello Mr. James.” Aaron gave a respectful wave.

“Aaron! Great to see you. Lunch is ready boys. Come and eat before Ben and Carla eat everything.” Dad said. We said ‘okay’ unanimously. 

“We should go.” I said, gesturing to the trap door that my dad left open. Aaron stared at me for a while, and I just stood there awkwardly. We looked at each other, slowly feeling ourselves split away from reality and transported into a different world. 

“No, I want to stay here. I never want to leave.” He said. He blushed, but I think it was because it was cold.

We stared at each other for a while. I felt uncomfortable, but comfortable at the same time. But then we split apart when a gust of wind blew in and made us shiver.

“C’mon. We should go before Carla comes here and kills us.” I said, earning a laugh from Aaron.

We hopped down, making our way to my house. During our walk, Aaron and my hands would brush against each other. The places he touched left tingles on my skin. I would occasionally look at him, only to find him aweing at me. And when I looked at him, I would turn away. It was completely silent, with no noise but that of the birds. And I chose to leave it at that. 

‘Don’t get too close. The closer you are, the more it’ll hurt.’

------

bye! i love you all!