17. Football Game

Noah’s POV

PLAY BALL!

Is that what they say at football games? I don’t know nor do I care to know? Honestly, I didn’t plan on attending the football game. Every year, I never attended because it was never my place. But there was one reason why I was going today.

Aaron.

He’d ask me to come and I was fine with it. It was like he gave me a sense of courage that I haven’t had since I met…

…NO! I refuse to mention it.

“Sweetie. Where’re you going?” My mom asked. She had just finished washing the dishes and preparing for dinner. My dad looked at my outfit, seeing that I was dressed like I was going out.

“To the football game! It’s the first game of the season!” I said cheerily.

“The football game? Since when did you care about sports?” Carla said.

“Nunya business!” I said, smacking her head.

“Jerk!” She retaliated.

“Shorty!” I said.

“Tree hugger!” She shouted.

“Enough! But Carla has a point. Since when did you go to football games?” Mom asked. I blushed and scratched the back of my head.

“Aaron asked me to come.” I said. I saw my mom perk up and my dad raise an eyebrow like what I said was strange.

“Good. That’s… good. You’ve been really close with Aaron. I’m proud of you, Noah.” Mom said, hugging me. I think I saw some tears forming in her eyes. I think she was… happy for me?

“Thanks…? I gotta go mom. The game’s starting soon.” I said. Mom pulled me away and kissed my forehead. 

“I’m so proud of you, baby.” Mom said. 

“Okay then. I’ll be back soon!” I said. I walked out of the house and felt like I achieved something for once in my life. Thinking about it, I’m pretty sure my mom is happy because her difficult son who's been absent from society is now participating in it like normal. A bit of me enjoys this new version of myself. 

And it’s all because of Aaron.

I arrived at the school and saw the stadium almost full. I looked around and saw the front of the bleachers and saw an empty space that had my name on it. I may have blushed. I thought Aaron inviting me was maybe a joke and he didn’t want me here. But there is a spot with my name on it colored in forest green writing. I went towards it and sat down on the cold seats which made me shiver.

The game was about to begin and the cheerleaders had just finished performing, though I didn’t pay attention to them. I was looking towards the locker room and waiting for Aaron to pop out. The announcements began and the names of everyone was being announced. 

“And now, ladies and gentlemen, prepare for our newest member and quarterback, AARON STEVENS!” The announcer said. The bleachers cheered at our newest addition to the team. 

In walked Aaron in all his glory. His uniform was blue and white, and his body. THAT BODY! It was amazing. I couldn’t keep my eyes away from him. He mesmerized me with his ethereal and prodigious self. He lit up the whole stadium with one smile. His eyes scanned the crowd as if he was searching for someone.

His eyes scanned until he found mines. If it was possible, his smile got wider. He waved at me and I gave a small wave back. What he did next shocked me.

He blew a kiss at me.

I blushed hard and pretended to catch that kiss.

“Who was that kiss for?”

“Damn, Aaron already got a girl?”

“Olivia must be pissed it wasn’t her.”

I heard several people around me say. But little do they know that kiss was for me. Was it a sign of affection? I have no idea. Maybe it was a sort of joke. But why was it only at me? I knew I had begun to form a small crush on Aaron. But I suppressed those feelings. And I would never tell him. But if I would, I would make sure it didn’t go too far. 

Because he hurt me. 

As the game went on, I got to see Aaron in action. He was no tyro on the field. He was an expert. His movements were precise and skilled. It’s like he can statistically plan ahead his opponents move and figure out what to do. And everytime he would score, he would look at me and cheer. Like he wanted us to share his achievements. 

Maybe I’m overthinking, but Aaron probably invited me because he wanted me to see how amazing he was. I’ve shown him my comfortable place, the tree house, so I’m guessing the field is his. And my heart fluttered at the thought of that. That he felt comfortable to personally invite me to see him. When he looked at me, it was a special connection that he had with no one else. Everyone here was here to see him, but he was here to see me.

The game had finished and no surprise, our school won. Talks of Aaron’s skills were nothing but positive and I heard some sounding optimistic that Aaron would take our school to the championships. Who knows, maybe Aaron could become a professional player if he worked hard enough.

I just hope he remembers me.

I decided not to stick around. Instead, I texted Aaron to meet me in the treehouse. Even though it was almost 10:00 pm, I wanted to celebrate with Aaron privately. 

I reached the treehouse and sat on my bed. It felt empty, like this place was missing something. Or someone. 

‘Imagine what everyone would say if they found out you were a slut!’

‘It’s just a blowjob. It won’t hurt you.’

‘Do it for me. You love me, right?!’

‘After everything I gave you, it’s the least you can do!’

His voice echoed in my head. His words were still so vivid, like it happened yesterday. But it was three years ago. And I couldn’t take it.

I really let that happen to me. I allowed someone like him to take control of me and I did nothing. I started sobbing and pulled my pillow to my face. I had so much anger and sadness in my I needed to let it out before I hurt myself.

“FUCK YOU, CHASE!”

------

i wonder who chase is...

bye! i love you all!