16. Apologies

Aaron’s POV

I spent a few hours looking for Noah. And nothing happened. I called him a few times, but he never answered. Either he’s dead or he’s ignoring me.

I felt guilty. It was like I was just caught cheating.

I went home, and I made sure to tell Mrs. James that Noah ran out. She simply told me that Noah is most likely fine but will make sure he comes home.

The next day passed and I was getting frustrated. I needed to go talk to Noah. It was the morning. Thank God I didn’t drink too much, otherwise my hangover would’ve been worse. I went outside, and knew where Noah would be.

I entered the woods, smelling the pine and dew from the cold morning. I walked a few minutes, and came upon it. 

I opened the trapdoor and saw Noah passed out on the bed. Judging from the clothes he still wore from last night, I’m guessing he didn’t go home. He most likely just came here and stayed the night.

I was able to get a good look at his outfit. He looked… amazing. His outfit consisted of tight black jeans, a navy blue button up, and black boots. I admired him. He was beautiful. 

“Aaron?” He said, waking up. 

Oh shit.

“What’re you doing here?” He seems to always ask that when I come to his treehouse.

“Well, I mean, you did sort of run away from me last night.” I said, sitting on his bed next to him.

“Right. Umm…” He looked ashamed.

“Hey, listen dude. It’s fine. I’m sorry.”

“No! I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have run out like that. You did nothing wrong. I don’t even know why I was mad. So, I’m sorry, Aaron.” He said, looking at me deep in my eyes. His brown eyes expanded while looking at me.

“I just figured you should know that I didn’t want to make out with Olivia. I kept telling her I didn’t want to kiss her. Then that’s when you walked in.” I said.

“Oh, well, good to know.” He sighed, almost sounding relieved.

“So, what do you want to do today?” I asked.

“Can we just, lay here? Forget everything exists.” He layed back in his bed and I giggled.

“Sure. Scoot over.” I said as he moved. I layed next to him and our hands touched.

We laid for a few moments. The sound of birds chirping was the only sound we heard. My breathing matched with Noah’s. 

“Still, I’m sorry.”

“I know, Noah.”

“I was overreacting. I just don’t want to lose you.” He said. I turned to him and faced the side of his face.

“Noah, it’s fine. I’m not going anywhere.” I said. He turned away, and blushed.

I layed with him next to me. If he wanted to continue apologizing, then I’m fine with that. If it makes him feel better.

“Noah?”

“Hmm.”

“So my first football game is soon. And since the only other friend I have is Greg, who will also be playing alongside me, I basically have no moral support.”

“I don’t know where you’re going with this.” He said.

“I was wondering if you’ll go to the football game. For my sake.” I said, hiding my nerves.

“Sure.”

“Great! I’ll need you to sit in the front by the way.” I said.

“Oh, um. Sure. Alright.” He said blushing, which stirred something in my stomach.

The rest of the day was nothing short of fun. Noah showed off his intellectual knowledge regarding literature. He read excerpts from classics like The Rime of an Ancient Mariner, The Monkey’s Paw, A Doll’s House, and Frankenstein. I was engrossed. He read the words smoothly, like the words on the page were companions of his that remained with him during times that most likely he had no one with.

“Well. I guess this is goodnight, Noah.” I said after we had just walked back to our homes.

“Goodnight, Aaron. Talk to you later.” He said, sounding sure of himself.

We parted ways, and the feelings being with Noah intensified when I thought of him more. Even though he was a few meters away, I just kept thinking of him, missing his company. I wish he was here. Laying in bed with me while he continues rambling on that Banquo deserved better.

------

i got a few things coming next saturday... stay tuned.

bye! i love you all!