40. Recording

Aaron’s POV

“Kari-”

“HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO NOAH!” Kari grabbed my jacket and threw it at me.

“Kari just listen-”

“Huh? So you’re just gonna cheat on him!”

“Kari!” Noah said. “He didn’t cheat on me. It was Olivia. She drugged him.” Noah clutched Kari's arm before she punched me.

“Oh. My bad. Do I need to slap a hoe?” Kari said.

“No. but we need your investigative skills.” I said. Kari sipped on her tea before setting it down.

“Sure. What’s up?”

“We think that Olivia and Chase, the guy who’s been after Noah, worked together to try and do something. We don’t know exactly what but it can’t be good if they’re willing to drug me.” I said.

“You got it! Leave it to me to uncover this shit!” Kari gave us both a hug before she ran out of the cafe. I sat there with Noah and kissed his forehead.

“It’s gonna be okay.” I said.

“I know. I can’t let Chase bother me.” Noah sighed.

“How about we go home.” I said.

Noah and I left the cafe and walked to Noah’s home. I said a quick hi to his parents, who had returned from their trip from New York. I said hi to Carla, who just threw a pillow at me. 

We went to Noah’s room.

“OPEN DOOR, NOAH!” His mom yelled. Noah turned red and slightly closed the door.

“So, what are we gonna do?” I asked him.

“If you think we’re gonna do it while my family is home, you’re delusional.” He said.

“Can we at least cuddle?” I asked.

“Sure. God, you’re such a baby.” He laid down next to me, him being the little spoon. I snaked my arm around his waist and brought him closer to me.

“Mmm. I could get used to this.” I sniffed his soft hair.

The coziness made the two of us begin to fall asleep. I cuddled closer to him, not wanting to let go. 

We both jolted awake when my phone rang on Noah’s desk. I picked up my iPhone 5 and saw Kari was calling me. We slept for four hours together!

“Hello?” I groggily spoke into the phone. I rubbed my eyes away of sleep.

“Aaron! Aaron! Aaron!” Kari’s voice spoke quickly into the phone.

“What, Kari?” I asked.

“I found out something. It’s huge, brotha! Open up!” She said. Open up? I looked outside Noah’s window and looked at my front door.

“I’m at Noah’s house.” I spoke.

“Oop!” I saw skip in her heels and run to the James’ door. “Now open!” 

“Who is it?” Noah asked next to me. I ignored him and walked downstairs to open a frantic looking Kari. 

“I guess follow me…” I said. I walked up to Noah’s room, Kari following close behind. We entered the room and Kari immediately sat on Noah’s desk chair.

“Sorry to interrupt your sex session, but this is important.” She pulled out her phone.

“Uh, we weren’t-” Noah was interrupted.

“Listen to this.” Kari placed her phone on the desk and pressed a play button. 

The audio started off with silence. Then a deep male voice spoke.

“That went better than expected.” I knew the voice belonging to Chase.

“Totally. Did you see Noah’s face? Hah! That little faggot deserves to be heartbroken!” Clearly that’s Olivia.

“Don’t get too cocky. We’ve got them apart. Make sure to keep your end of the deal. You do remember it, right?” Chase’s voice asked seriously.

“Yes, I know. Keep Aaron away from Noah by continuing to seduce him straight.” She spoke in an annoying nasally voice.

“And I’ll have a broken Noah to myself and finally take him down.” Chase spoke. Noah clutched my hand tightly.

“Why do you want to take Noah down?” Olivia asked.

“That’s none of your business! Just keep your end of the deal. You’ll have your man, and I’ll deal with Noah. Got it?” He asked.

“Geez. Sure thing. Did we have to drug him though?” Olivia said. 

“Do you want your man?” Chase said. We heard Olivia sigh. 

“Fine. Ooh! This is exciting.” The phone stopped.

The recording ended. I looked at Noah with a worried expression.

“When was this?” I asked Kari.

“Today. I followed them to a diner at the edge of town. I taped my phone under a table and watched from a distance.” She said. 

“How did you know they were gonna sit there?” Noah asked. I simply stared at Kari in shock at her skills.

“It’s a process of elimination. I searched the area and found the most private restaurant. It just so happened it was a diner owned by a close friend. Then I asked for a few favors and asked the waiters to sit them at a table where I taped my phone.” She said. “It’s more complex but I’ll spare you the details.”

“Fine. Thanks for this info, Kari. You’re a huge help.” I said. 

“Anything. I sent you a copy of the recording to you. Now we just gotta find a way to take down both those suckers.” Kari had a conspiring look in her eyes.

“Sounds like a plan. But I have something important to do.” Noah said. “I think I need to tell my parents about Chase, Aaron.” He looked at me with determination in his eyes.

“I’ll be right by your side, Noah.” I said to him.

------

this story is coming to an end soon!!!!

bye! i love you all!

<3