23. Panic Attack

Noah’s POV

“Come on!” Aaron said, dragging me into Lotta Latte. I’ve heard about this place before and how amazing their dairy products were. I never went. This place opened up two years ago. And during this time I was alone. I had no purpose to attend such a populous place if I was going alone. 

“Good Evening! Welcome to Lotta Latte!” The cashier said. I smiled at her. Aaron looked at the menu until his eyes landed on a sign next to the register.

‘Half-Off for Couples <3’

Aaron turned to me and had the biggest smile on his face. Oh no. Oh no no no no no…

“So we’re a couple,” Aaron said, sliding his arm over me and hugging me. “Could we get the half-off discount?” He asked in a cherubi voice. The cashier looked a little shocked but then a smile fell on her face.

“Sure. What would you two like?” She asked.

“Can I get the almond ice cream?” Aaron told the woman. He turned to me and whispered in my ear.

“You should get the almond ice cream.”

“Okay.” I said.

“And I’ll get the French vanilla ice cream.” I said. I turned and gave Aaron a look.

Our ice cream arrived and Aaron paid for it. We did indeed get the couple’s discount. I hid my face the entire time Aaron paid for our stuff.

“BTW,” Yes she actually said the acronym. “You two look so cute together.” The cashier said. Aaron grabbed my hand.

“Thank you. Have a great day, ma’am.” And we left the store.

“Seriously! The couple’s discount?” I said, turning to Aaron while he licked his ice cream like he didn’t care. 

“Well, are we not a couple?” He asked.

“Pssh! No! You never asked me to be your boyfriend!” I said.

“Oh. Right!” And he stopped. But a look on his face made me question what he was thinking about. My nerves went up. Curse my catoptric tristesse which rendered me paranoid.

“But,” He said, “At least we got the ice cream cheaper.” He said.

“True. The ice cream here is expensive. Fuck gentrification.” I said and raised my cone in the air. We arrived at a park and sat on the bench to eat.  I licked my ice cream but felt eyes on me. I ignored that feeling and licked my ice cream. But it came back again. I turned and saw Aaron watching me lick.

“You alright?” I asked. He snapped out his thoughts.

“Oh, um, yeah. I’m fine. Swell.” He said. I raised an eyebrow at him. This bitch acting weird.

“You take very small licks.” He said. Some custard was caught in my throat and I coughed. 

“The fuck?!” I said. I turned to him and he patted my head.

“You’re so adorable.” He said. I blushed but hid it. I turned to face him and he was much closer. Our faces were close. Very close. 

In a matter of seconds, he kissed me on the lips. Sparks flew everywhere while my eyes remained closed. Feelings of enchantment swirled in my stomach that quickly made their way to my limbs and brain. This was it. The feeling that people in love talk about. The feeling that I never knew I could actually get. And these feelings stemmed from Aaron. 

I launched closer into the kiss. My lips synchronized with his as he let out groans of pleasure. My ice cream was melting. I tasted the almond off of Aaron’s tongue. The almond and vanilla taste mixed in our mouths, creating a new exquisite flavor that only I and Aaron will ever taste. Our signature that we created with ourselves made from the passion of a kiss on a cold fall night.

After kissing for a while on this bench, we split apart. 

“You’re an amazing kisser.” He said, panting for air.

“You too.” I said. Aaron reached over to pull me into a kiss again. He put his hand on my head. I froze and images played in my head again. Dark images.

‘It’s just a blowjob.’

I panicked at that moment and jolted away from Aaron to the other side of the bench.

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I’ll do anything!  Pl-Please don’t hurt me!” I shut my eyes and looked down, covering myself with my arms. I sobbed and remained in my weak position. Haunted figments played. It was difficult for me to separate reality from memories.

“Noah! Noah? Are you okay? Did I do anything? Please answer me.” Aaron’s voice said but my ears rang, making him barely audible.

“Please don’t hurt me, Chase!!” I said. 

“Noah. It’s me, Aaron. I won’t hurt you.” His voice spoke softly. I opened my eyes and saw the worried face of Aaron. So I’m not back in time. I’m in the present. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. Yep. I wasn’t.

“P-Promise?” I asked Aaron. Immediately he nodded his head.

“I promise.” He said. He moved his arm to hug me but was hesitant. I gave him a nod and he extended his arm to encompass me. His cologne whiffed through my nose and calmed me down.

We stayed in that position for a while. I would occasionally sob and a few tears would escape. I felt bad that Aaron’s shirt was once again getting stained with my tears. Once I stopped crying, I just laid my head on Aaron’s chest. His beating heart raced faster.

“Would you like to go home?” He said. I nodded and we got up, ready to walk home. During our walk, guilt flooded me. This was our second date and my dumbass had to have a breakdown. I bet Aaron doesn’t want to be with me anymore. I bet he thinks I’m some freak.

“Would you like to talk about it?” Aaron asked.

“No. It’s fine if you don’t want to date me anymore. I get it. I’m just some weird kid.”

“I would never leave you, Noah. I like you too much.” He said. He kissed my head, sending feelings in my tummy. We arrived home. Before I left, Aaron made sure that I was fine. I kept telling him I was. 

Dark memories from my past came up. It happened. And I broke down. And then I cried. But then… Aaron was there. To comfort me. And I really liked that. 

Noah
Sorry for ruining our date :(

Aaron
It’s fine. I just want to make sure you’re okay. Are you?

Noah
Yeah. I am.

And I was. Thanks to him. I just hope my dark memories don't come back up.

------

so uhhhh, that happened. it'll make sense in a few chapters as to why noah acted like that. my poor baby.

bye! i love you all!