30. Boyfriend

Aaron's POV

BACK TO PRESENT

Once finished with his soliloquy, I stared at poor Noah. Noah didn't look up at me. He kept his head down, admiring the beauty from something that is nothing. One would be a fool to think that he wasn't paying attention. At this time, all the sounds on earth are silent. There is no room to pay attention to anything else.

A heavy silence fell upon the treehouse. It didn't feel right. This treehouse is meant to be a safe and comfortable place. Instead, it is the opposite.

"Noah?" I said. My voice quivered. During Noah's talks, I never interrupted. I didn't want to interrupt him. He was already opening himself up to me so it's better I shut up, letting him go on.

"Noah? Please. Answer me." I said, letting my voice break. I didn't care that I sounded weak. I wanted to show Noah that I too am vulnerable.

Rather than say anything, Noah sobbed. I've never seen him cry like how he's crying right now. It breaks me just how much baggage and hurt his past memories have. He couldn't tell anyone because of how others will react and the danger Chase imposes on him.

"I'm-I'm s-sorry. I'm s-sorry. I-I did nothing to sto-stop it. I deserve it! Gosh! Why couldn't I have been normal!?! I couldn't be the perfect son! The perfect brother! The perfect student! The perfect friend! I'll never be the perfect one for you, Aaron!" Noah screamed. He put his face into his palms and cried more.

I shifted myself and scooted my body closer to his. He continued to cry, not looking up. I rested my back on the wall where he was. I stretched my arm and hugged him closer to me.

"No! No, Aaron! I'm sorry. But I just can't! There's so much wrong with me! I'd rather you leave me now than get closer to me and then leave me after I've gotten too attached!" He said. He pushed himself away from me. My heart broke at his assumptions.

I knew, even then, that I would never hurt Noah. He's too precious. Too kind. And even though the world has dealt him the worst cards and the sourest lemons, you can still make lemonade with enough sweetness.

Noah sobbed more. I once again moved closer but didn't hug him. I grabbed his shoulder. He was shocked but quickly calmed when it was just me.

"Noah. Noah. Please. Listen to me." I pleaded. Tears flooded my eyes. Noah listened and looked at me with his red and irritated eyes.

"I want you to hear every word I say. I will never hurt you. I don't care about what happened with you and Chase. Your past doesn't define you today. It shaped you. No one I know could be that strong to keep going after what happened to you. You, Noah, are the strongest person I know. Don't doubt yourself. Your worth can be found in the damages you carry."

He sobbed again, this time, he embraced me. He sobbed onto my shirt, again. But his tears are just small specs of gold that are falling from a golden boy who's been fixed several times. The cracks in him are fragile, but also the strongest bondage.

"I won't hurt you." I softly spoke. He moved his head up and stared deeply into my eyes. He sniffled while his red eyes refused to look away from me.

"Do you promise?" He quivered.

"Yes! I promise. And I'll say it everyday." I said. I leaned down to kiss Noah. His soft lips taste a bit of his tears.

"Noah?" I said while continuing to kiss him.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" I said.

Finally, I popped the question. I've wanted to ask him since after our first date. There was no question nor hesitancy. I knew I wanted to date Noah.

"W-What?"

"Will you be my boyfriend, Noah?" I asked him. His cheeks flushed bright red matching his eyes.

"I uh, I don't know. Aaron. I really like you but after Chase, how am I supposed to know you won't hurt me too?" He said. I understand where he is coming from. If I went through something like that, I too would be hesitant of affection.

"There's no way I can say it and force you to believe me. But I know I can show you. Give me a chance. I'll be a better man than Chase was." I said holding his chin.

"Any man is better than Chase." He chuckled. Finally, laughter.

"True. What do you say?" Hope littered in my voice.

Noah leaned up and kissed me. He moaned into the kiss. I embraced him, letting him take control. He slipped his tongue in my mouth. We stayed like that for a while, continuing to kiss.

We finally split apart, catching our breaths.

"I take that as a yes?" I said.

"Yes, Aaron. I'll be your boyfriend."

I hugged Noah. I don't want to let him go.

"Are you okay with us being public about it?" I said into his neck.

"If you want to. I'm fine with it." He said while rubbing my back.

"I do. I want to show everyone that you're mine and mine only." I gripped him tighter.

"Woah. Easy, tiger. No one is taking me away." He chuckled.

"Still. I need to be protective cause you're my boyfriend now." I smiled into his neck.

"Boyfriend. I could get used to that word." Noah sighed.

Boyfriend, huh?

"I'll never stop saying it." I said.

"Boyfriend Boyfriend Boyfriend Boyfriend Boyfriend Boyfriend Boyfriend Boyfriend-"

"Shut up!" He smacked my back.

Boyfriend.

------

so i've been obsessed with heathers recently.

bye! i love you all!