7. Lockerroom Boys

Noah's POV

It was Monday again. Great. Another day of being with people who I don't like. It was especially worse because I was called into the principal's office when I entered school.

I walked to the principal's office and greeted Mr. Harrison.

"Good morning Noah. Thanks for coming in today." He said, sipping his coffee.

"No problem. What did you need me for?" I asked.

"We have a new student today and I would like for you to give him a tour of the school. I've excused your first few periods to go around. I think you'll like him. He has a pretty good record." His over the top cheery voice angered me.

I was fine with giving a tour. At first. But when he said that I'll like him, it felt like a personal attack. Mr. Harrison was made aware of my accident after the rumor of me trying to kill myself came out. He was also one of the people my dad invited over with their son, Frankie. Rather than play with Frankie, it just watched TV while he tried to get me to play football. Instead I ignored him.

Luckily Frankie didn't hold a grudge against me. I occasionally see him and all he does is give me a small wave.

*

To say I hated Aaron was an understatement.

Okay. I don't hate him. I don't even know the guy. All I know is that his name is Aaron, we have the same classes, he's tall, probably athletic, *handsome as fuck*, and has a good sense of style.

But I couldn't let him know. Never again will I make that mistake. Never will I allow myself to become weak and vulnerable to someone else.

'You're useless without me.' He said to me. I made sure to ignore his words that still haunt my conscience to this day.

I had finished showing most of the school to Aaron, him following me close behind. I'm not sure why Mr. Harrison chose me to show him around. Maybe it was because I was one of the top students. Or maybe he wanted me to have a friend.

We walked farther into the outside of the school where I was leading Aaron to the PE field. If it was up to me, I wouldn't show him this place. I despised anything physical. The football field, that was full of misogynistic guys and the locker room that always had naked guys walking around

"Here's the locker room. You'll get your locker and code when you have this class and talk to the coach." I said as we entered the musty locker room. I was hoping that no one would be in here to see me. But luck is never on my side.

"Who let the fag in here?" One of the football players said when we entered the locker room fully. The guy had a towel wrapped around his bottom.

"OH! Quick boys! Hide your dicks! He probably wants to suck them!" Another guy said jokingly. I hid my face down to avoid seeing everyone. I saw a glimpse of Aaron's hands, and they were balled into fists and clenched them.

I would suck them but I'm allergic to shrimp.

"Yo! Who's this?" I heard one of them say. I saw George, one of the nicer football players, approach Aaron.

"I'm Aaron. I'm new here." Aaron said while holding his hand out. George instead gives Aaron a bro-hug while patting his back.

"Ya'know, Aaron, you look like you could be on the team. You gonna try out?" George asked.

"You should, the quarterback position is open right now. Ever played before?" Mack said. I backed away when he came out of one of the isles where he was now fully dressed. I didn't want him to do anything to me in front of everybody.

"Yeah. I played Q.B." Aaron said. I wasn't surprised he played football. He certainly has the body. Not that I was looking at his body or anything. He's just so tall, I basically see it in front of me.

"Awesome, man! You gotta try out ASAP!" One of the football players said.

"I was actually gonna-" Aaron started saying before he was cut off by one of the jocks.

"Great!" He said. He slung his arm over Aaron's shoulder. "Come hang out with us for the rest and ditch this loser." He said while looking down at me. He made me feel like I was insignificant and lower than them. Some of the other jocks laughed while I just took a step back.

"Oh I'm fine. Noah's been a great guy so far!" Aaron said. He sounded a bit angry. It made me blush a bit to know that he had my back.

"Nonsense, c'mon!" Mack said.

"But I was-" Aaron said before I cut him off.

"It's fine. Go on. I won't stop you." I said. I kinda wanted him to retaliate and stick to his proposal to stay with me.

"If you say so." He said. Some of the jocks surrounded Aaron and they walked off, them each introducing themselves to Aaron. They laughed and I heard them talk about Aaron's tall and muscular figure.

Mack turned around and looked me dead in the eyes. He came down lower to meet my eyes directly. My breathing became ragged.

"Hmm. Later, boy." He said. He ruffled my hair. He gave my left cheek a light slap in a teasing way. He then turned and walked away. I was left there, alone.

I ran into the bathroom and threw up. I hated how I couldn't stand up to him. I hated how I allowed him to do such things to me. I really am useless. A loser.

I stared at my face in the bathroom mirror. All I saw was a broken boy. A boy who had been through a traumatic trauma that no one knew about. A traumatic event leaving me to be scared and cautious around everyone. For a while, I didn't trust anyone. I didn't have anyone. My best friend moved away while I was in hospital. And my parents didn't know what exactly happened. If I told them, they would never accept me. They would blame me.

Hence why right now I was content. As nice as Aaron was, I didn't want to befriend him. I didn't want to be close to anyone for fear of them using my trust against me. The people who we trust the most are the ones who can hurt us the most.

I wasn't sure why Aaron wanted to hang out with me. I'm just a shy kid. I have nothing to offer to others. No funny stories or jokes. Just, well, me.

And sometimes, being yourself is not enough for others.

------

bye! i love you all!