6. Tour Guide

Aaron's POV

YAWN

That's all I did for five minutes after I woke up. Sleeping in a new home is something I'm not used to. I lived in the same home for my entire life. I thought I would've had a hard time sleeping but nope, I slept perfectly.

I remembered that glow I saw last night right before I passed out. Whoever slept there must've come back in the middle of the night. It was probably that kid that didn't join his family last night with the James'. The kid my age.

I remembered that I wanted to at least talk to him. Seeing as how my first day was coming soon. I could use a friend.

I pictured what he would look like. Was he tall? Short? Shy? Outspoken? Smart? Dumb? Funny? Was really betting on funny because I could use some who'll remind me of home.

I wanted to go over to see if he was home. He must be. People usually stay in on Saturday's, right? I wanted to dress nice. So I picked an outfit that would impress anyone.

"Where you headed to, kid." My mom said while fixing the house.

"Over to the James'. I wanted to talk to that one kid they mentioned last night." I said. She let me leave and I walked a few steps to their front door and knocked.

"Oh, Aaron. What can we do for you?" Mrs. James said.

"I was hoping to meet your son and see if we could hang out." I said while smiling at her. I saw the inside of the house and saw Ben watching TV while Carla put stickers in his face. Carla saw me and smiled.

"Oh, I'm sorry Aaron, he isn't home right now." She looked saddened mentioning him. Was this guy ever home? Judging from Mrs. James' expression, he probably does this a lot. Probably is always lonely.

"Oh, well, if he's ever around, could you let him know that I would like to meet him." I said.

"About that, I'm sorry Aaron. You're a kind young man, but my son prefers to be alone. I can't explain it, but it's better if you befriended someone else that will actually want to be friends with you." Mrs' James said. I looked at her flabbergasted. What kind of mom tells someone not to be friends with their child? This wasn't advice, it was a warning.

"Oh... okay then. Well, have a nice day Mrs. James'!" I said not wanting to talk anymore. She said bye back and I walked home

Monday rolled around quickly and now it was time for school. I walked to the front and got a lot of stares from girls who looked at me hungrily. I chose to ignore their stares, since they probably just wanted a hookup.

I walked into the school and a lot of eyes were on me. I did stand out with my 6'1 frame. But I remained composed and made sure not to show weakness.

I headed over to the office to get my schedule. I entered and was met with a young woman who smiled at me.

"You must be Aaron Stevens. Welcome to Harrison High School! Here's your schedule. Your classes have been added. Today you've been excused from classes so you can have a tour. Your tour guide should be here soon." She said in a cheery tone. I admire her for being so happy at this time in the morning.

Suddenly, a small boy walked into the office. He looked about 5'7. Brown hair, brown eyes, nice plump lips, a slight tan. He looked... cute.

"There's your tour guide." The woman said. I looked at the smaller boy. I saw a blush creep on his neck when he saw me. There was an awkward tension in the room. So I chose to speak first.

"Hi, I'm Aaron Stevens. I'm new here." I said.

"Obviously." He said. I could tell he felt awkward. I was taken aback by his response. Rude are we today, aye?

"C'mon." He said with no emotion. He led me out of the office and was met with an empty hallway.

"Soooooo, are you gonna tell me your name?" I said. I was intrigued by him. He was smaller but had a stubborn attitude.

"Nope. We won't see each other after you make friends so why should I tell you." He said.

"Give me your schedule." He said. I handed it to him and our fingers touched. I felt sparks light up and I think he did too because he pulled his hand away quickly.

"Oh great. Just my luck." He said clearly not liking what he saw.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We have the same classes." He said. I lit up a bit. I'm starting to like Mr. Grumpy. I'll get to see him more now. He seems very reserved. Not in the typical shy kid vibe, but more like someone who clearly abstains from people. Someone who isn't afraid of people, but what people might do to him.

I know it's not my business, but I want to know why he doesn't like me, and judging by his actions, anyone. A sweet looking kid like him should be much nicer.

Or maybe he just doesn't like me.

He began to walk away. I caught up to him quickly. This boy is fast.

"Here's the chemistry class. Be careful, some people hook up there." He said nonchalantly.

"Here's the English class. A little advice for Ms. Pattison, she doesn't like people saying bless you in her class. Claims that most kids don't even believe in God so when someone sneezes, you just have to stay silent." He said. I laughed.

"Wow, she sounds fun!" I said while touching his shoulder playfully. He brushed my hand away from him but I saw a blush form on his face. I wasn't sure if it was because he was nervous... or maybe he liked me.

This is gonna be fun!

"And here's the cafeteria. Sit where you can when you can. Seats are taken fast." I looked around the dining hall. Seats aligned everywhere with tables. A huge window was on the opposite end of the hall that let in the perfect amount of light.

"And where does someone like you sit?" I asked.

"Nunya business." He said.

"Aww come on! Give me something. Anything!" I said.

"I won't do anything to hurt you. I promise." I said while smiling at him.

"I don't even know you. Why would I tell you?" He said.

"Please. We could be like, friends." I said. I genuinely wanted to get to know him.

"Ha! Heard that before." He laughed sarcastically.

What secrets are you hiding, boy? Who hurt you?

------

that mention of the english teach not allowing you to say bless you is based off my actual english teacher in high school. just wanted to add that info even though it'll have no purpose.

bye! i love you all!