25. Three Years Ago

Noah's POV

I still continue to feel embarrassment and guilt over what I did. Even though Aaron insists that it wasn't my fault, I can't help but feel like it was. We were just kissing and I had a full blown panic attack when he grabbed the back of my head.

I guess it reminded me of what Chase did to me when he-

Nevermind. It's best I don't bring it up.

It began to cloud as the sky became darker. I layed in my bed and wondered about my life.

Three years ago, an accident happened. One that I haven't told anyone the true events that led up to it. The pain, guilt, and trauma sustained from it.

I thought I would never be the same again.

Two months ago, I met a boy who is slowly becoming the reason I wake up everyday. A boy who despite my rejections in the beginning, continues to stick around.

And I know that I can slowly be fixed again.

The idea of that amazes me. Aaron is my savior. The one who forced me out of my shell and is slowly removing my mauerbauertraurigkeit (pushing friends and close people away) tendencies.

I couldn't sit around any longer. I had to go to the treehouse.

I'm pretty sure the treehouse has made me a nemophilist. The woods are my safe haven. The foggy mornings, the quiet nights, the cold rainy days, and the shade on hot days. It's no wonder I love these words. I hereby call these the Noah-Aaron woods. Trespassers will be killed.

Running quickly, I raced through the woods to avoid the rain hitting me and getting me wet. I entered the treehouse and turned on the heater. I'm surprised the tree hasn't burnt down yet.

I laid in bed and waited for... something. I felt like something was coming but I've yet to know what it was.

An hour passed and I'm pretty sure Aaron's football practice ended. I don't know why I was thinking of Aaron right now. We did kiss and went on two dates. But that's basic things. Nothing that should add to me constantly thinking of Aaron.

But he's amazing.

Aaron sent me a text that he needed to talk to me about something. My nerves went up. I can already see it. He no longer wants to be with me because I'm weird. Then he'll start to make fun of me at school and I'll go back to the shy kid no one cares about.

The trapdoor opened and Aaron scared me. I dropped my book.

"I need to talk to you." He said. He shook his head like a dog. Can't say it didn't turn me on.

"About?" I sounded nervous.

"Who is Chase?" He said. My blood went cold at the mention of him. Swift flashes of my past with him flashed.

"No one important!" I said sternly.

"Is it true you tried to kill yourself?" He asked. I got angry.

"I thought we talked about this before! No, I didn't! That was false!" I said.

"So why were you wearing a cast for those months? Were you actually in a car crash?"

"YES! I was! What's your problem?!" I angrily said

"The problem is after you were in a car crash, you became silent. Your mother and father notice this, Greg noticed this. Hell, the whole school noticed. And why did you freak out when I touched the back of your head?" He said fuming.

"You wouldn't understand. If I told you, you would leave me and never talk to me." I said, beginning to feel tears poke my eyes.

"I would never do that. I just want to know why you're like this. I need to know so I can make sure I never hurt you." He said. I agreed. I feel like I could trust Aaron. He says he truly cares for me.

"And I want to know who Chase is." He said, sitting next to me on the bed. I scooted over and put a blanket over us.

"If I tell you, you must swear to never tell anyone else."

"I swear!"

"Swear on the best thing in your life." I said.

"I swear on you." He said. I blushed and leaned my head on his shoulder. He began to run his fingers through my hair.

"Anytime you're ready." He said.

"Alright." I said.

"It happened three years ago."

It was time to tell the truth of what happened during those summer days.

The truth about Chase.

------

omg omg omg omg we're finally gonna figure out what happened three years ago!!! i have a small issue with this story. i decided to change the course of the story. but i'm having trouble on what to add...

bye! i love you all!