22. Lotta Latte

Aaron’s POV

School on Monday was just an obstacle for me until I was able to finally talk to Noah again. I would sometimes speak to him. But of course, my teammate swept me away. I should really put my foot down and tell them that I NEED to speak to Noah. Afterall, I do like him. 

During lunch, I went to the library to be more with Noah. I avoided all the teammates and walked into the empty hall with shelves that had books collecting dust. 

“Hey Noah.” I said, approaching the back side of the room where Noah was at. He had a book open and had a sandwich next to him. From the looks of it, he was focused on the book more than eating. 

“Hi.” He said, not looking up from the book but I could see a smile forming on his face. My presence affected his emotions. 

The things that does to people.

“I really enjoyed our date.” I said, breaking the silence. I saw his eyes stopped moving and began to shift from the words of the page to look up at me. 

“Uh, I did too. Really looking forward to our next one.” He muttered out.

“Oh so you WANT another date to happen?” I smirked at him and winked.

“Hey, that’s what you said.” He clapped back. 

“True. But it sounds better hearing it from you.”

“Don’t get too cocky now. But you are the first person who’s taken me on a date.”

“I’m your first, eh?” I smirked at him. 

“Yeah. And I watch a lot of rom coms. So you had some big shoes to fill.” He said smiling.

“And did I meet those expectations?”

“Exceedingly.” He sighed.

“Great! By the way, our next date is Friday since we have no school.” I sputtered out.

“Where will you be taking me?” He asked. I actually didn’t know. The diner was out of the question. I can’t take him to the same place. I need to choose something else.

Lunch ended and I said goodbye to Noah. We had the same class next but I had to leave early for a football game. I walked and entered the locker room. Half-naked men surrounded me. I covered my eyes. I didn’t want to see them. Only Noah. I spotted Greg changing and decided to ask him for advice.

“Greg!” I said. I approached him as he put on his shirt.

“Yeah man. What’s up?” He asked.

“So I need to know a great place to hang out. But somewhere not cliche. Ya know what I’m sayin?” I said, leaning against the locker.

“Hmm, I getchu man. You should go to Lotta Latte. It’s a small cafe but they have the best ice cream. I recommend the almond one.” He said, sounding excited. 

I smiled at the thought of Noah eating ice cream. Him licking it with his small tongue. His small moans he does when he eats something good. And the cream on his face.

And now my pants are tight.

“Awesome. Thanks man.” I adjusted myself because my lower area was feeling uncomfortable.

“You seem much happier recently. What’s going on with you?” Greg pestered me.

Was Noah okay with me telling people about us? Is there even an 'us'? He didn’t ask me to be his boyfriend nor did I ask him. We went on a date. A magical, splendid, euphoric date. 

I won’t tell anyone yet. Not until we have something to announce.

“Nothing. Just… feeling happy. That’s all.” I finished. I changed quickly, covering my hard-on. 

After the game, I went to the treehouse.

“Hey Noah.” I said quickly, sticking my head through the trapdoor. He jolted up and dropped his phone on the floor.

“WHAT THE FUCK, AARON?! STOP DOING THAT!” He said, bending down to get his phone.

“Sorry. I wanted to let you know that we’re going to a cafe for our date.” 

“So you want me to dress like a hipster…?” He asked.

“Nope. Just letting you know.”

“I look forward to it,” He leaned in close to my ear and whispered “...Mr. Stevens.” I had no idea where that came from. His voice was so seductive. My Jr. was swirling around and grew harder. I coughed and looked away while Noah acted like nothing happened. He returned to his book while I thought of decorating my room to come down from my high.

A few minutes of silence. And at that time, I looked over Noah’s room. His desk was full of carvings on the wood. The walls hung Post-It notes that all said random words. 

“I came out to my parents.” Noah said. I turned to him quickly.

“You did?” I asked. I was curious as to him actually SPEAKING to his parents. 

“Yeah.”

“How did they react?”

“They were cool with it. Plus they were happy that I opened up to them. A few tears were shed. But either way, it was amazing.” He said. I breathed in relief. I knew that eventually I would have to come out. I wasn’t sure how my parents would react. My mom would probably be okay with it. My father, however, probably won’t. He’s always pushing this masculine agenda onto me. He forced me to play football. He forced me to date girls back in New York. 

“That’s amazing! I’m so proud of you.” I said, going up to him and hugging him.

“Woah woah woah, buddy. You’re gonna crush me.” He said. I pulled away and looked at him deeply in his eyes. His pupils dilated. I wanted to reach down and kiss him.

“Can I kiss you?” I said. He nodded, refusing to look away.

I leaned down. But I chickened out and instead kissed his forehead like he was a child.

One day, maybe, I’ll be able to give him a proper kiss, and be a proper boyfriend.