26. Meet Chase

Noah’s POV

THREE
YEARS
EARLIER

Summer of June

It was during this time when I worked at a local motel located in our town. I was 14 at the time. And since I was young, I was naive. I hadn’t gotten a glimpse of how cruel the outside world was. I was a desk clerk. Nothing interesting about my job. I only worked because Carla insisted I buy her a new doll for her birthday. Me, being the amazing brother, got a job to supply for her.

It was an extremely hot day. The inside of the lobby was air conditioned but only to a certain amount. I pulled out a Coke bottle and put it on my forehead while the other hand fanned my face with a few papers.

I honestly wanted to go home. But I knew that the old woman who ran this place needed a break. So I stayed. I should’ve left.

At 2:00 pm, I heard the sound of a car pulling up into the motel. I woke up, seeing as how I was almost falling asleep. I looked outside and saw a bright red expensive looking car parked in the parking lot. 

Interesting. We usually don’t get such… lavish customers. The car door opened and out walked a guy who if I’m being honest looked amazing. He wore shades and had a light blue jacket on with black jeans and shoes that cost more than me. He began walking and made his way to the lobby.

“Good day!” I said. He stopped in his tracks and looked up and down at me. A smile spread on his face. A sincere one, I hope. 

“Hello. I’m here to check into a room.” He said. I nodded but couldn’t take my eyes off him. He was a creature of God. I snapped my eyes away and began typing into the system.

“How many nights will you be staying?” I asked.

“Mmm. How long will it take me to see the whole city?” He asked with a plastered grin.

“I don’t know. I recon a week.” I waited for his reply.

“A week it is.” He said.

“Perfect! That’ll be $384.” I said. I was expecting him to pay by credit card but pulled out bills.

“Here’s $500. Keep the change.” He said. I usually don’t get tips. So $100 is amazing.

“I uh, thank you. Have a nice stay.” I said. I handed him the key and he left. I couldn’t get his smile off my mind. I daydreamed about him. 

I imagined him in front of me asking me to hang out with him and we’ll hang out all day and get to know each other.

Wait? He WAS actually in front of me.

“Helllooooooooo??” He said, waving his hand in my face. I snapped out of my trance and coughed.

“Oh. I’m sorry. Hello. Everything okay?” I asked.

“Everything is great.” He flashed a haunting smile. “I wanted to asked you if you would hang out with me today? Maybe show me around town. Introduce me to everything.” He said. Oh crap! This is exactly what I was dreaming about. Quick! I wish I was Jeff Bezos’ child.

“Uh sure. I’m off in three minutes.” I said. He clapped his hands together and waited for me. I finished my work. I followed him as he stood next to me. He was probably 17. He’s older than me, but a guy can dream.

“I’m Noah, by the way. Noah James.” I said. I extended my hand for him to shake it.

“Pleasure. I’m Chase Lexington.” He said. He had a nice last name. It sounded very… royal.

“So. Where to first, Noah?” He asked. The way my name rolled off his tongue sent shivers down my spine. But I wasn’t sure if they were good or bad shivers.

“I was thinking of downtown. They have a lot of shops there. We can window shop and I can show you all the good places.” I said. 

“Sounds like a plan.” He said.

We approached downtown. It wasn’t very busy because it was so hot today. I fanned myself with my hand while Chase stood in his large jacket. How the hell is he not dying?

“Aren’t you hot?” I said. 

“Very. Also it’s not that warm.” He said. 

We traversed around town for a while. 

Even though we said we could window shop, Chase didn’t. I don’t know how much money he had, but he must’ve been loaded. 

But he didn’t just buy himself stuff. He bought me so many gifts I had trouble carrying them. I even told him about the doll Carla wanted and he bought it. Just like that. I got designer shoes, cashmere sweaters, and a laptop. I felt like I was being spoiled by a sugar daddy.

“Thanks for today. It was amazing.” He said.

“THANK YOU. You really didn’t have to buy me all of this.” I said. I blushed when he stroked my hair. We walked back to the hotel. 

“Well. This is goodbye.” I said. I didn’t want to leave him. I like talking and being with him.

“Will I see you tomorrow?” He asked.

“Yeah. I have the morning shift.” I said. He smiled at the mention that he would see me again.

“Then I’ll see you again. And we’ll hang again.” He said.

“Can’t wait.” I said.

The next day rolled and during my shift I would see glances of Chase. He was always on the phone screaming into it. I wanted to ask what was wrong but I barely met him yesterday.

We hung out again. And it was the same. He bought me items and food. He treated me like God. 

And I’m pretty sure I was growing feelings for him.

------

so chase is treating noah amazing. but as we know, things don't turn out so good. wonder what'll happen??

bye! i love you all!