19. Touch Him

Noah’s POV

I was sleeping soundlessly until a loud noise woke me. I tried opening my eyes but the lids hurt when I opened them. I felt around and touched something soft but hard. It was flat and right next to me. I tried opening my eyes again because the loud noise wouldn’t stop. I opened them and saw it was Aaron snoring. I looked at my hands and realized I was grabbing his pecs.

They felt nice. His tank top was gray and brought out his chest muscles more. I slipped my hand away slowly. A heavy force was gripping me and I looked to see Aaron’s muscular arms holding me. His arms hugged my upper body and were clasped like he didn’t want me to let go. 

His snoring was still going and it was starting to annoy me. I reached my fingers to his nose and clasped them to make him stop breathing for a while. His breathing stopped and I let go. Then his breathing was reset and back was his soft snoring. 

It’s cruel but I had to do it.

I was left with nothing but my thoughts, which is a bad thing. I looked around the room and saw it was the morning. I guess Aaron and I went to sleep together. In the same bed. Cuddling. My face on his chest. And him hugging me. Not weird at all.

I cringed upon remembering that I had cried in front of him the night before. I had no idea why I remembered those dark memories. They taunted me every second but I guess yesterday my mind was vulnerable and thus they broke through. 

“Mmm.” Aaron said, grunting in his sleep. I looked at him and reached my hand to touch his cheek. They were soft and he had shaved earlier so his stubble was a bit soft. I wanted to touch him forever. 

“Noah?” He said. I made eye contact and saw that one of his eyebrows was raised as if he was questioning what I was doing. Wait. What was I doing? Oh right! Touching his face.

“Yeah!” I said quickly, taking my hand off his face. He chuckled, which made his chest move up and down. 

“What were you doing touching my cheek?” Aaron asked. I tried to come up with an excuse.

“Um, there was a uh, a BUG! On your face.” I said quickly.

“So you were massaging the bug on my face or killing it?” He said. He began to sit up and I moved and got off of him. He layed back onto the wall and crossed his arms while his biceps popped out. I just sat there with my legs crossed staring at him.

“Shut up!” I said. I didn’t like the atmosphere in the room so we stayed quiet. He smirked at me while I just looked at a jar of M&M’s I had on my desk.

“Noah. Do you want to talk about it?” Aaron asked. I turned to him and realized he was talking about me last night sobbing.

“It was nothing. I just needed to cry.” I said.

“Are you sure? You sounded hurt.” He expressed his concern. Finally someone who can see that I wasn’t fine.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” I said deciding not to tell him.

“You didn’t…” He strayed away from what he was saying.

“I didn’t…?”

“...cut yourself.” He sounded like he offended someone. I was taken aback. Did someone tell him about the rumors? I thought those died down. 

“WHAT! NO! WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME THAT!?” I raised my voice. Aaron put his hands on my shoulders to calm me down.

“I’m sorry. I was just worried. You looked really bad last night.” He said. It calmed me down. Maybe he does know the rumors but is ignoring them. But he cares for me and thus I know it won’t leave his mind until he has proof that I’m fine.

“Who’s Chase?” Aaron asked the million-dollar question. I forgot that he might’ve heard me scream his name out. I wanted to tell him. I wanted to finally tell someone about the incident that’s been plaguing my mind for years. Then I worried about how he would perceive me. How he would blame me or stop being friends with me.

“I want to tell you. I really do. But I just can’t. Not today.” Or ever.

“That’s okay. I just hope you’re fine.” He said. I giggled.

“Sorry that I ruined our celebration.” I said guiltily.

“It’s fine. Better than being with Olivia.” He said. I scoffed at her name. Should I bring up the kiss he blew me last night. No. It was probably a mistake or a joke. But it didn’t feel like a joke.

“Seriously. I had Martinelli’s apple juice and veggie chips.” I said while wanting to eat right now.

“Who said we had to end our celebration at night?” He smirked at me.

I got off the bed and grabbed the food. I put a blanket on the floor and set some pillows. I pulled out my laptop and played the new The Amazing Spider Man movie which was just released. Aaron layed on the blanket and I took the spot next to him.

For an hour, all we did was eat and watch the movie. 

“I gotta text my mom where I am. Be right back.” He said. He climbed down the ladder while I sat there waiting for him. He returned and had a nervous expression on his face.

“Everything okay?” I asked, wanting to make sure he was comfortable.

“Mmhmm. Yeah. Totally fine.” He said. I turned to watch the movie while Aaron layed next to me. There came back the awkward tension I so much hated.

“Noah?” He spoke randomly.

“Yes, Aaron?” I said, turning to him.

“Can I ask you a question?” He fiddled with his fingers.

“Yeah. Sure.” I was worried. If he looks scared, then should I also be?

“Um. I was, I wanted to know if…”

“Yeah?”

“Will you go out with me?!” He said in one breath.

I stared at him for a while, making sure I heard that correctly. He wanted… to date… ME? A guy like Aaron can date anyone in the school and he chooses me? 

One side wanted to say yes. But the other remembered Chase and hesitated. An internal conflict occurred while I tried to figure out what my heart wanted.

“Y'know what. Forget I asked.” Aaron spoke.

“Yes! I’ll go out with you.” I spewed out.

“Great! Awesome. I promise you won’t regret it.” He said, smiling at me. 

Did I make the right choice? Was it a good idea to allow someone in my life again? I’ve known Aaron and from what I’ve seen, it was a gamble I’m willing to bet on.

------

*blushes*

bye! i love you all!