44. Future

Aaron's POV

I yawned when I woke up. The glistening morning sun entered the barely opened windows of the treehouse.

"Fuck." I sighed when the pain in my ass seared through me. It felt like my ass was torn apart and my insides were ripped out. I wonder who did that?

I turned and saw Noah. Oh yeah, that's right. Noah. I smiled to myself while watching Noah sleep. His adorable face no longer twitches with the nightmares that once plagued his mind. His small snores signified a peaceful mind and calming rest.

His eyes began blinking open. He squinted and shielded his face from the sun.

"How long have you been watching me?" He asked. He sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"I don't even remember." I said. I went in to kiss him but he stopped me.

"I love you and all, but you have morning breath." He said. He got off the bed and went to a small sink. Wait? Sink?

"Since when was there a sink here?" I asked. I got off the bed and limped my way over to him.

"It's always been here. You would've noticed if everytime you came here you weren't so busy flirting with me." Noah handed me a spare toothbrush.

"It's kinda like we're already living together." I said. We brush our teeths and returned back to bed and just layed in the same place we had sex last night.

"What time do we have to hang out with the others?" Noah asked.

"!2. We've got a few hours." I said. I hugged Noah to my side and clutched him.

"Last night was..." Noah said.

"Hectic." I added.

"Can you believe Chase's grandpa came and scolded him? Definitely one of my favorite moments!" Noah said.

"Who would've thought your dad's friend was Chase's grandpa?" I said.

"And did you see when Olivia was screaming at us after she got arrested. Hilarious!" Noah began laughing. I joined in laughing with him. Soon we were gasping for air.

"Aaron." Noah said my name softly. I turned to look at him. He has tears in eyes. But they weren't from laughing.

"Noah?" I said. I reached out to touch him but instead he leaned forward and gave me the tightest hug.

"Thank you." He said and sobbed. "For not giving up on me. For sticking around. I love you, Aaron. And I don't want to stop loving you." He cried.

"I love you too, Noah. You're one of the few genuine people in my life. I couldn't fathom losing you." I said.

We hugged and Noah's tears ceased until it was just us and our bare emotions.

"I know this is a stretch, but I really want you in my life. It's like you are my life. So can you promise me something?" Noah said.

"Anything." I said. Noah held out his pinky. I latched my pinky with his and joined them.

"Promise that you won't leave me." He said.

"Cross my heart and hope to die. I promise, Noah." We let our pinkies go and kissed.

"I still have a few ways to go before my life is back in check." Noah said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, first, I want to reconnect with my family. I haven't been the best son to my parents and I haven't been the best big brother to my little sister and brother." Noah said.

"I'm sure your family will understand that you went through something." I said.

"Next, and I know this is gonna sound weird, but I want to get on good terms with Mack." He said.

"Wait- you sure that's a good idea?" I asked.

"I mean, yeah. If you were able to give me a chance, I can at least be friends with Mack." He said.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Mmm. Oh yeah. I guess go to therapy about my flashes. Definitely need to work on that." He said.

"I'll make sure to do the best I can to support you." I said. I rubbed circles on Noah's back.

"Can't wait for next year." Noah said.

"Things are going to be much better next year." I remained optimistic for the future.

"D'you wonder what life is gonna be like after high school?" Noah asked.

"Not really. I prefer to live in the present. Worrying about the future distracts you from focusing on what you have now." I said.

"I guess. But I want you in my future." I said.

"Like I promised earlier. I won't leave you." I said.

"I love you, Aaron."

"I love you, Noah."

Cue the bells.

------

epilogue coming!

bye! i love you all!

<3