32. $50

Aaron’s POV

I guess that was me officially coming out. I’d rather not put a label on it. I just want people to know that Noah and I are dating. We’re together which means I am taken and so is Noah. 

So far, I’ve gotten nothing but cheer. My football teammates cheered when I revealed my relationship. Mack wasn’t happy. Wasn’t sure if he didn’t like it cause we’re two males or if he was possibly jealous.

It was football time!

We ran out into the field as the bleachers cheered for us. I looked through the sea of people to find one specific person. There he was, sitting with a huge smile on my face. Next to him is a girl I’ve seen before since I moved here. It seems like she is talking to Noah but stops and traces where he’s looking. 

Said girl waves at me while I wave back at her. She nudges Noah, causing him to blush. A sight I'll never get tired of.

Throughout the game, all I could think was our next date. Now that we’re officially dating, I want to go on a date with Noah. Solidify our relationship. There are… other means to tell someone how much you love them. 

But I think we’ll hold that off for now. 

The game ended. Just like every cliche movie or story, we won. Our side cheered while I walked to the edge of the bleachers. Noah was there, a smile plastered on his face. 

“Congrats!” He cheered. I hugged him back, deciding to let my actions show how much I admire Noah.

“Can I kiss you?” I whispered into Noah’s ear. I wasn’t sure if he was comfortable with me kissing him in public. Was I crossing a line?

“Yes.” He whispered back.

I pulled away from Noah and leaned into him. I kissed him with all my might. I heard the hollers of my mates and the audience. But at the same time, everything went silent. The sensation of the thumps of Noah and mine's heartbeat synchronized. 

“I gotta take a pic!” The girl who was speaking to Noah earlier said. I pulled back from the kiss.

“Meet me in the parking lot. Let’s walk home together.” I said.

“Meet you there, Aaron.” How I love how he says my name.

I changed in the locker room.

“That was quite a show.” Greg said. 

“Why not show everyone how much I love Noah.” I said. I stopped when I realized what I had just said. Love. That’s a big word. And a big emotion. 

“Hmm. Love? If you say so.” He chuckled.

I met Noah in the parking lot. Home-girl was next to him showing him something on her phone.

“Look at this! You two are so cute!” She squealed. 

“Hey.” Noah said, looking up and meeting my eyes. He hugged me tightly.

“Great to see you.” I said. I wanted to kiss him but home-girl was staring intently at us.

“Just kiss, I’ll look away.” She turned her head but I still saw she glanced back. I kiss Noah.

“Gonna introduce me to your friend?” I asked Noah.

“Right. Aaron, this is Kari. Kari, this is Aaron.” I waved at the girl and she waved back.

“Great to meet you.” I said. 

“You too.” She said as she whipped her hair back.

“Is it okay if Kari walks home. Her house is on the way there.” Noah explained I nodded.

As we walked home, I got to know Kari more. I know her family is from India but they migrated to the US. Plus she loves Taylor Swift, so she’s good in my book.

One Kari was gone, it was just Noah and I. If I had the chance to spend my last moments with anyone, it would be Noah. Because I know that even if I had the shortest amount of time, he could make it feel like infinity.

“Let’s go on another date.” I said to Noah.

“About time.” He said. “Where to?” He asked.

“Let’s go simple this time. How about a movie?”

“Movie sounds great!” He said. I gave him a kiss on the lips. I knew we were in front of our homes. But who cares?

“Text me later. I want to make sure you get home safe!” I said, hugging Noah.

“We live across from each other.” He said.

“That’s still too far.” We pulled away.

“ ‘Night, Noah.” I said.

“Goodnight, Aaron.” And I gave him a last smile.

I entered my house to see my mom and dad next to the window smiling at me.

“I can explain.” I said. I began to panic. I forgot to come out to my parents. My dad is so strict I'm afraid he won't approve of my choices.

“Gimme.” Mom said. Dad pulled out $50 and handed it to mom.

“Told you.” She said. Dad rolled his eyes and went to sit at the dining room table while I stood there.

What the hell just happened?!?

------

bye! i love you all!

<3