38. Drugged

Aaron’s POV

I stared at Noah while he slept in my arms. His nose scrunched and made small snores. I looked around the treehouse and saw our scattered clothes on the floor. I kissed Noah’s forehead. He hummed in satisfaction.

Now, more than ever, I have to protect Noah. With the resurgence of Chase, Noah is in danger. When Chase was talking to Noah, Noah’s eyes were full of fear. I’ve never seen him feel so little than today.

Noah squirmed in his sleep. 

“No! No! Please! Don’t touch him! No!!” He said in his sleep. I hugged him tighter to me and he stopped and sobbed silently. He cuddled into my chest.

A few days later, the paranoia of Chase was higher than ever. Chase has been silent. Of course, that doesn’t mean his threat is gone. We know he’s planning something.

“Are you sure you want to go? I don’t want anything to happen to you.” I said. Tonight there is a party since we have our final game coming up. Noah insists he wants to come. I, however, don’t want him to. High school parties can be brutal places.

“I’ll be fine. Kari’s gonna be with me the entire time.” He said. He put on his jacket and opened the trapdoor of the treehouse.

“You coming?” He said. I got down and we walked our way to the sidewalk. We walked to the house. We met up with Kari at the front of the house.

“Yo! Kari. A word?” I said. Kari stopped and turned to me.

“Yeah?” She asked.

“I’ll need you to keep an eye on Noah tonight.”

“What for? Is something going on?” She asked. Kari hasn’t been informed of Chase. It’s not my place to say. 

“Just… keep an eye on him. If anyone tries to talk to him that you don’t know, take Noah somewhere else and let me know.” I said. Kari can feel the urgency in my voice.

“You got it! You have my word.” She said.

The party was in full swing. It was night and the only noise was the blasts of music through the speakers. I can barely hear my own thoughts.

“Let’s go get drinks.” I said. 

“You go. I’m not feeling it tonight.” Noah said. Kari also decided to stay with Noah. She winked at me. I know he’s in good hands.

I entered the kitchen where many cups laid all over. Empty bottles on the table a sign of how much everyone has already been drinking. I looked for a beer before someone grabbed my shoulder.

“Hey, big man.” Olivia’s voice said. I groaned. Why are annoying people thinking it’s okay to talk to me!

“Hi, Olivia.” I gave her an emotionless greeting.

“I’m still available, just to let you know.” She rubbed my arm. I set the beer down on the counter behind me.

“Olivia. I’m dating Noah.” I said.

“Seriously. You’re still with that fag!” She said. Anger flashed in her eyes.

“Yes I am. I guess that makes me a fag too!” I spat back.

“It’s probably just a phase. I know I’m right.” She pushed herself onto me. Her arms extended to cage me. Her blonde bangs fell onto her face. I felt her hands moving behind me. 

“No. You aren’t. Now kindly fuck off.” I’ve had enough of her bullshit.

“I’ll leave if you take a drink. Just one.” She held up a cup.

“N-No. I’m good.” But she didn’t listen. She forced the drink down my throat. It burned and tasted different. A sour taste lingered in the back of my throat.

“Good. Well, I’ll be leaving now." Olivia said.

She left while I wondered what happened. I stood there and the alcohol started to kick in. That was fast! Although I began to feel different. Almost like I was on drugs. That drink… something was in it!

I clutched my stomach in a panic. A few minutes of standing there, I slipped onto the floor and gasped for air.

“Now let’s get down to business.” A voice said. I squirted my fogged eyes and saw it was Olivia. What’s she doing back here?”

“Let’s go, big guy.” She said. She bent down and helped me stand up. My body did so. She balanced my body and her side. 

“Over here.” She said as if I was listening to her. Truth is, my senses were almost impaired. Like I was on autopilot.

“No- Noah.” I muttered out. Olivia didn’t listen and continued to take me away from the party. She walked into a hallway and led me into a vacant room. She pushed me onto the bed. At this point, the drug was now reaching its peak. I was immodbile.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do this.” She said. She unbuttoned her shirt and threw it. She was in her bra. I tried to crawl away but she pinned me down.

She was on top of me and kissed my neck.

“Stop!” I slurred. She didn’t listen and continued to kiss my body. She removed my shirt. I panted heavily, not because it felt good, but because it felt awful.

“Get off!” I said. She instead came back up and kissed my lips. I gagged. Then the door opened.

“Aaron?” A voice said. I turned and my vision snapped. There stood my Noah. Tears welled up in his eyes. Kari was next to him who gasped at what she saw. But what struck me next was the person behind them.

Chase stood there with a satisfied and mischievous grin.

“NOAH! WAIT! GET OFF, BITCH!” I mustered up all my courage and threw Olivia off of me. I stood up and put my shirt on. 

But Noah was gone.

I pushed past Chase and ran outside. Kari was there, a sad expression on her face when she looked at me.

------

thank you! i love you all!

<3