Chapter 2 : The Next Quest

"Do not fear the God who threatens man. Fear the man who threatens God."

It took Percy close to an hour to get back to camp. He had to deal with many annoyances along the way including Hermes who tried to converse with him in the elevator but it turned out he was just trying to steal his wallet and an idiot taxi driver who wouldn't take him to the camp address because "There was nothing out there."  It was hard for him not to slap that man with the flat of his sword but eventually Percy finally arrived at the place he called home for the past five years. He stumbled up the hill in a drunk stupor as he had many drinks throughout the night. Why in the name of Hades did he drink that much? He didn't even like the wine to tell you the truth. Finally cresting above the hill, he took in the sight of the dimly lit cabins and big house with the sandy beach in the background. It was a beautiful sight to behold, one that Percy never failed to admire throughout his time there. "And it might be the last time you'll ever see it." A tiny voice said in the back of his head. With a start he realized that might be true. If he could get others to leave with him with Poseidon's help, he might never experience this view ever again.

Percy didn't know how to feel about that. After all he had called this place home now for half a decade and to leave it just like that was almost heartbreaking in a sense. He hadn't experienced the friendship and memories anywhere else besides camp and didn't know if he could do that again anywhere else. Suddenly, Percy was shaken out of his thoughts by a deep growl to his left causing him to branish Riptide in a flash. 

"Gods above, Peleus. Don't ever scare me like that again." Percy exhaled as he sheathed his sword. Peleus let out a grunt of sorts that Percy assumed was laughter. It was embarrassing in a sense to be laughed at by an animal but he was just glad no one was there to see him jump in fright like that. "Yeah laugh it up bud but one of these days you'll pay for your antics." The son of Poseidon responded while petting the large dragon. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen the big ol dragon. It must've been before he was kidnapped by Hera. The thought of that Goddess immediately damped his mood and made him remember why he was here at camp in the first place. He needed to talk to the others tonight so that they could discuss what to do about their future. With one last pat on Peleus's snout, the son of Poseidon made his way towards the Zeus cabin where Jason was temporarily taking residence before heading back to Camp Jupiter. At least he might be unless Percy could convince him otherwise to abandon his duties and leave the eyes of Olympus.

Thinking about it now, this plan of his was really crazy. What demigod, in their right mind, would leave the relative safety of their camps to go out into the world filled with monsters and live without the protection of Olympus. Percy supposed only the crazy and the ones who hated the Gods would actually go with him. And even then who was to say they wouldn't succeed in escaping Olympus and just be brought back or worse, killed for treason. There was a lot that could go wrong and Percy had no idea how to prevent that if he did go through with this plan. He hated to admit it but maybe he should just leave it up to the Fates.

With a million possible scenarios running through his head, the son of Poseidon failed to realize that he had finally arrived at his destination, the Zeus cabin where Jason was currently inhabiting. Knocking on the door quietly, Percy took a step back to make sure no one was watching or the harpies were patrolling near him. Those damn birds were really persistent about the curfew rules and would make no expectations to even Percy.

"Jason, open up." Percy whispered, knocking on the door again with a little bit more force. That son of Jupiter could sleep like a log thanks to the numerous concussions he managed to receive this past year. Another two minutes passed by and Percy was beginning to wonder if he would have to barge his way in, Zeus's anger be damned, but thankfully the door finally opened revealing a disheveled, almost unconscious, Jason Grace.