Chapter 25 : The Question

Opening his eyes, Percy was greeted by a sight he had not been expecting. Surrounding him was the familiar setting of the Olympian throne room, with each and every God sitting atop their thrones, beside Artemis. Silence encapsulated the scene, each Olympian giving their attention to the one that had gathered them for a council meeting, Poseidon.

"I gathered you all here today because something horrific has happened in the last forty-eight hours." The sea God proclaimed, his eyes shifting like a storm on the verge of destroying entire cities. The Gods shifted in their thrones as they felt the awe-inspiring aura of the elder God. Zeus even looked apprehensive, electing to have his hand close to his lightning bolt in case.

"Ancient laws, etched in stone millennia ago and decreed by the Lady Fates, have been defied recently. Someone in this room has gone against the natural laws of our world and has wrought havoc upon people of mine." Poseidon said, his voice barely able to contain the rage he had been feeling. His piercing green eyes, just like his son, had gained an ominous, poisonous look to them as he glanced over at his brother.

"So what?" Ares interrupted nonchalantly, his head resting against his head as he looked at his uncle with boredom. "We have all broken the ancient laws more times than even Athena can count with that brain of hers. What's the difference now?" He asked, ignoring the withering glare thrown by Athena.

"It's not what he did, Ares...It's who he did it to." Poseidon replied, his grip on his trident tightening. Looking at his brother, the ground began to shake and the air became heavy as the two brothers squared off against each other. The other Olympians reeled back in the thrones as the aura emitting from the two elder Gods weighed down on them. Any mortal that was unfortunate enough to stumble upon the scene at the moment would've immediately been squashed from the incompressible gravity.

"Say what's on your mind, Poseidon." Zeus spat, his fingers itching closer to his bolt. Poseidon gave a mirthless laugh as his adrenaline spiked in preparation for a fight. He was ready for this. He was finally ready to put his younger back in his place. For far too long now he has been getting away with things that no one should. He has defied laws and killed many in his greed for power. It was time for that to end.

"You..." Poseidon said, his voice barely coming out as a whisper, his eyes tunneled on his brother with a red, rageful, tint. "You killed them. My love, my friend...my son!"

The others gasped at the statement, not believing what they were hearing. Although this has happened before with Zeus killing other God's favored mortals, he had never done it to Poseidon before. The sea God was too rageful to not respond back with equal aggression to the king, unlike most Gods. Zeus knew this himself which is why he had never dared to invoke the sea God's wrath. Until today.

"Wait!" Apollo cried out, interrupting before things went to chaos. "Father, please don't tell me it's true. Please tell me you didn't break the laws and killed Percy."

Zeus, not tearing his eyes away from Poseidon's gaze, responded with a feral smile written on his face. Lightning flashed within his eyes as the wind outside began to brew even harsher.

"I did." He proclaimed proudly, thunder loudly erupting in the background at the statement. The Gods were in a mix of emotions at the death of Percy Jackson. Some were glad, some were upset, and some didn't care. But one thing that they all agreed upon was that this revelation was a big shake-up for their world. Percy was the most famous demigod of this age and had done countless deeds for Olympus. Even though he left to pursue his own destiny, this would still be a major hit to their world. Especially since he was murdered by none other than Zeus. Poseidon would definitely not let this slide.