Chapter 7 : A Battle Between Olympians

"Tough roads ahead require even tougher hearts."

"My lady, let's take a break."

"Fine. Only for a short while though. We need to find them before Ares does."

The hunters of Artemis had been scouring the country for days now, looking for any leads on the whereabouts of Percy Jackson and his group. Starting from New York, they made their way down the entire east coast but once that was done, they started to make their way west. Currently they were in the woods of Seattle. It was their last hope of finding anything related to the demigods's whereabouts.

Thalia groaned as she sat down on a log to her side. She rubbed her sore legs that had been put to rigorous use the past week. She and the others had never been put through this much traveling in such a short amount of time before but no one had complained about it surprisingly. They were searching for Percy Jackson, the two time savior of Olympus and the only man the hunters and Artemis herself respected! Of course they were going to use every ounce of their will power to find him and the others. Especially her, who not only had her cousin she loved like a brother out there, but also her actual brother, Jason. She didn't know what she was going to do or say if they ever caught up to them. Would they come back with them? Or would they leave? She didn't know, all she wanted was for them to be safe.

Thalia hadn't been given the chance to talk with Annabeth yet, which was eating at her soul. Gods knows what that girl was feeling at the moment, her boyfriend leaving her a second time, on his own will non the less! The daughter of Zeus vowed at that moment that if she ever caught her cousin, she would give him one hell of a beating for leaving her best friend like that. Annabeth didn't deserve to be put through that pain a second time.

"What you thinking about?" Atlanta asked, sitting down next to her on the log. Thalia shook her head slightly, breaking away from the mental images of beating Percy to death.

"What I'm going to do if we catch up to them." She responded with a sigh. The girl next to her hummed as she played with a silver arrow in her hands.

"And what is that?"

"Either give them a hug or beat the absolute shit out of them." The daughter of Zeus responded evenly before the both of them bursted out laughing.

"I agree with you there. What was Jackson thinking leaving like that?" Atlanta asked after she settled down. She knew that demigod ever since they first met all those years ago on that snowy cliff. The loyalty he had towards his friends was next to none. And after seeing him go on all those quests and fight all those wars for the Gods, she thought he would forever be loyal to Olympus. It came quite a shock to her when Artemis spoke to them and said Perseus Jackson had betrayed Olympus and escaped with other demigods.

"Betrayed. I don't think he did that." Thalia spoke, reading her thoughts. "I think he just got fed up with everything."

"You mean being a pawn to the Gods." 

Thalia nodded her head. She knew exactly what her cousin was feeling. That anger, that sadness of merely only being a tool for the Gods, your family. She hated her father for being like that not only to her but countless other demigods. It wasn't right nor fair and it was only a matter of time before his actions backfired. Percy leaving with other powerful demigods seemed to only be the start. The two hunters conversed for a while longer before their lady announced to the camp that they were hitting the road once more. The girls got everything packed in a flash before standing ready and waiting for their leader's command.

"Where to next, my lady?" Thalia asked.

"Alaska. It's our last bet at finding them." The Goddess responded. "Let's hope that we can find them before Ares." And with that the hunters were on the move once more, speeding through the forest at speeds that even the naked eye couldn't follow. In the shadows however, sat a gruff looking man who had countless scars across his face. He had a wicked smirk on his face as he realized his luck paid off eavesdropping in on his sister's camp.