Chapter 19 : War On The Horizon

Silence was the only thing that encompassed the packed throne room, filled with Gods, minor Gods and both Greek and Roman demigods alike. The air was thick with tension as they awaited for the meeting to begin. Everyone knew why they had been summoned to Olympus. The attack on Camp Half-Blood supposedly from Percy Jackson, the very person that has saved Olympus twice. The attack had left the Greek demigods shaken up. They looked beaten and worn down, even leaning against their friends to still stay standing. Some campers were still in Apollo's infirmary getting their wounds treated on Olympus since the infirmary back at camp was destroyed. Most however, were in the throne room, idly standing by still with weapons and armor on.

Whispers could be heard throughout the crowd of what had transpired last night. Talks of Percy Jackson being the one behind the attack was the vocal point of most conversations. The veterans who knew and had fought with the son of Poseidon for years quickly shut them down though. They knew that even though Percy had left Olympus for good, he would never kill his own family. He was too loyal. The newcomers and the ones that didn't know him so well disagreed with that sentiment though. Those doubts that they had were certainly spreading like wildfire throughout the Greek pantheon, dividing the populace.

The Romans, once hearing of the attack, had quickly assembled the legion before traveling to New York to reinforce the Greeks in case another attack was imminent. They were amazed by the utter destruction that was bestowed upon their cousin's camp when they had arrived. The land was scorched, almost every building was destroyed and not to mention just how many casualties there were. Most in the legion were skeptical when they learnt who was behind the attack. The man had been their praetor at one point during the war against Gaea. He had defended New Rome honorably and did everything in his power to restore the legion back to greatness. And while the veteran legionaries knew just what kind of man Percy was, there were a lot of new bloods in both Greek and Roman armies thanks to Zeus's order to bring in new demigods. Demigods that didn't know.

"Welcome, everyone." Zeus's strong voice interrupted their thoughts as he began the meeting. Immediately, everyone's eyes looked towards their king. He had an air of solemnness around him which was quite peculiar. Usually, his aura was energetic and bombastic but today it was the opposite.

"I've brought you all here today because we were attacked last night. Our home, our friends, family...all of it was destroyed last night." He said, waving his hand which made a misty image appear that showed the now destroyed Camp Half-blood, smoke still rising from the ashes. Everyone stared in silence as they took the sight in. Some Greeks wept silently as they remembered the night. Some wept for lost friends and family.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you, my children. I-I should've seen it coming but I took no caution. I didn't want to believe that someone, a person who I considered to be a part of our family, could do this to his own people. It seems my viewour view of Percy Jackson was wrong."

Gasps rang throughout the room as the rumor was confirmed from the lord of the sky. Both Gods and demigods stared at one another in shock as the images of dead demigods took over the projection. Burnt beyond recognition and limbs torn apart, it was a horrific sight that made the knees of some wobble.

"Yes, you heard true. Percy Jackson attacked our home last night. He ruthlessly and mercilessly killed one hundred and fifty of his own family."

"And what proof do you have to back this claim, Zeus!?" Poseidon interrupted his brother. Everyone could see how agitated the lord of the seas was. With his hand deathly white gripping his trident and veins popping on his forehead, he looked ready to murder Zeus for his accusations. Instead of getting into a shouting match with one another, the king simply pointed his finger into the crowd.