Chapter 28 : An Old Foe

"Fletcher! Fletcher, wake up!"

With a resounding slap on the face, it took less than a second for the blonde-haired demigod to shoot up out of bed like a missile before gracefully falling flat on his face.

"Ow! The fuck was that for, Abby?!" He asked before hauling himself up, still a little bit woozy.

"Percy asked for both of us. We need to go meet him at the war room asap." The daughter of Apollo responded, not even giving him a chance to respond before leaving the room. Dressing quickly and making his way out of his cabin, he was greeted by the harsh glare of the morning sun. Grimacing, he blinked a few times for his eyes to adjust, revealing the newly rebuilt camp.

He still couldn't believe how fast they managed to rebuild. The defensive wall was completed, the cabins were rebuilt along with some more being constructed for the new arrivals flooding in by the day and so much more including the dining pavilion, hospital, and storage rooms. There was still more that was being built which would take some time but what's already been accomplished in the timeframe of two months was very impressive. Leo and the Cyclops had been working day and night to get this camp up and running properly much to everyone's gratitude. It had been a team effort though. No one lounged around and did nothing. There was always something that could be done to contribute.

And contribute he did. From lifting heavy stone slabs for the wall to hunting for food in the vast Alaskan wilderness, Fletcher did whatever he could to help. Gone was the scrawny kid who second-guessed his every decision. Now all that remained was a well-built and headstrong demigod. Sure his skills in fighting weren't on par with say Jason or Frank but thanks to his constant training with them, he could hold his own against a monster. And with time who knew what type of warrior he could become?

Hopefully, one day, Abby would see him in a new light. It's one of the reasons why he's been so adamant about becoming stronger. But judging by how she treated him the same ever since they'd met and that her eyes were still on that Jake guy, he doubted any progress could be made. But then again, there was always hope.

Briskly walking, he greeted some friends who came across him, already doing their chores for the morning before walking up the steps and entering the cabin which was called the war room. This place was meant only for the higher-ups like cabin and cohort leaders which made Fletcher feel slightly uneasy. He never liked being surrounded by people that were superior to him and especially more powerful than him. A flash of Percy's wolf-like green eyes raced across his mind as he remembered just how crushing the leader of Camp Freedom's presence was.

Taking a deep breath he softly knocked on the office door before hearing a "Come in!" from the other side. With tense shoulders, he stepped inside and was immediately greeted by the sight of cabin leaders, cohort leaders, and even Goddesses. Not knowing how to address everyone, the only thing he could think of was to stand in front of Percy and salute him with a fist over his heart.

"Sir. You requested me?" He greeted, causing Percy to look up from the map he was looking at. His vibrant green eyes stared into his soul as he assessed the demigod before him. He could feel the eyes of the others around him staring at the back of his head as well, especially Artemis and Hecate. The two of them weren't used to not being addressed first but gone were the days of bowing down to the Gods, at least for the demigods of Camp Freedom. They escaped the Gods for a reason and weren't about to start going back to the old ways now. Besides, any God that entered Alaska was basically on par with a demigod in terms of power. That didn't mean they still couldn't kill them which made the demigods stand clear of the immortals, especially Artemis. It seemed the only one that wasn't afraid of her was Percy who was constantly at her side. Or rather vice versa in Fletcher's eyes. He could see the way Artemis gravitated toward the son of Poseidon whenever he was near. It was shocking to see her act like that at first but it seemed everyone had gotten used to it after a while. There were even rumors going around that he would rather not go into lest he wanted to incur both parties' wrath.