Chapter 43 : A Promise and A Quest

My Discord - https://discord.gg/DbNtv2wyhN

With the sun's warm rays peeking out from the curtains and softly caressing his face, Percy thought he might've been able to peacefully wake up for once without a door barging open or yelling filling his eardrums. He should've known better than to hold onto hope for that.

"He's starting to wake up!"

"Get the others, Travis, quick!"

"Percy! Percy, hey, can you hear me!"

"Come on, man, wake up!"

"He's not waking up. Why isn't he waking up?"

"Get out of the way. I got this."

The demigod got nervous when he heard a slight shuffle of shoes come his way all the while the entire room waited silently in anticipation. Opening his eyes to see what exactly was about to happen, he wasn't prepared for a slender pale hand to slap itself across his face, an audible CLAP quickly filling the air along with the curses of the person who did the deed.

"FUCK! I forgot he had the curse!" Reyna cursed out, nursing her already bruised hand.

"I was awake. You didn't need to do that." Percy's first words were, his voice sounding hoarse and dry as if it hadn't had water in a long time. Looking around the room to find most of his friends surrounding him along with Artemis and Hecate, he was surprised to see them all looking at him with relief written across their faces. Relief similar to that of someone in the hospital waiting room and the doctor telling them everything would be just fine. "Uhh guys, why are you looking at me like that?"

The group looked abashed, but it was Hecate who was the first to fill him in during his time asleep. Kneeling down on his bed, the Goddess ran her soft hands through Percy's black locks, hoping that this would soothe him somewhat for what he was about to hear.

"Baby, you need to stay calm for what I'm about to tell you, okay? She said in a mother-like tone, causing anxiety to pump through the son of Poseidon's veins. Something wasn't right, that much he could tell. Seeing his begin to widen, Hecate quickly shook her head reassuringly, telling him that camp was okay along with everyone.

"Then what is it?" Percy asked, attempting to sit up only to feel the most mind-numbing pain in his stomach, causing him to crash back down on his pillow.

"Don't do that! You have to listen to me. Your body is extremely injured." She warned, causing the son of Poseidon to lift down the covers to reveal hideous black scarring along his midsection. The sight was horrific and certainly felt as bad as it looked. Leaning his head back against the pillow, he cursed himself for getting into this predicament. There's no telling how long his body has been recuperating from this injury. Judging by the looks of the others and their surprise at how he was awake, it must've been a while.

"How long?" He asked, his eyes blankly staring up at the ceiling. "How long have I been out"

No one in the room wanted to answer, electing to look downward to avoid his piercing green eyes. Looking to Hecate for answers, she once again ran her hand through his hair to calm him down.

"A month, sweetie. You've been gone for a month." She revealed. Percy sat still for a moment as he let that revelation process. A month?! Why in hell was he out that long?! He didn't take that much damage from the fight besides a few bolts of lightning and his internal nervous system at the mercy of Jason. Looking down at his tan torso that had black scarring similar to that of a person getting hit by lightning, that clearly wasn't the case.

"I gotta get up." He suddenly said, stubbornly attempting once more to get off the bed. Thankfully, Hecate, Artemis, and Reyna held him down, refusing to let him move. Clinching his teeth both in pain and annoyance, he glared at Artemis who returned it with an equal amount of vigor.