Chapter 14 : Revelations

To the most recent guest review let me state that I don't care if you hate the story. You're free to leave and I wouldn't care in the slightest. However, when you start spouting dumbass opinions and try to tell me how my version of the characters should be, that's when I get annoyed. You clearly didn't understand that when I last wrote a A/N. So with kind regards, go fuck yourself :)

"Perseverance is key to success"

"Another day, another disappointing reality check." Connor sighed, throwing a small twig into the blazing fire in front of him. There was a pathetic murmur of agreement from the others as they silently gazed up at the embers from the fire flying off into the night sky. It had been three days since the night where Artemis and her hunters had rescued them. Three days since the death of their friend, Hazel. Three days of endless walking with no sight of the valley Percy saw in his dream.

They had walked through treacherous mountains and rocky slopes that with the slightest error sent them tumbling downhill. They walked through seemingly endless forest with trees that towered over them. And they walked through the plains where nothing besides grass grew. It was a beautiful yet exhausting experience of exploring Alaska's terrain. The group of both demigods and hunters were beginning to tire though. They could only travel so far until their patience began to wear thin. It didn't help that supplies were beginning to dwindle. They would soon have to resort to rationing if they didn't find a town soon.

"I know. It seems like every day we're just walking and walking with no end in sight." Leo grumpily responded to his friend, stroking the fire to keep it ablaze. The son of Hephaestus looked to his left over at the hunters who had their own fire going. Judging by the looks on their faces, they too were beginning to tire from the expedition. He couldn't blame them. They all have lost something or someone during this trip.

"Guys, we can't think like that. We just gotta keep on pushing." Jason drew Leo's attention back to their own little circle. He almost rolled his eyes at that statement. How many times has he heard that over and over again? "Keep on pushing" "Have a positive outlook" He was getting sick of hearing it. And he was tired of walking, seemingly looking for a place that probably didn't exist. There was only so much he could handle before something popped loose. Whether it be his patience or sanity, that was yet to be known.

"You sound like Percy saying that crap. Jason, can we just for one day wallow in our feelings. I'm tired of holding onto this false hope." He replied back to the son of Jupiter.

"No, you can't. Because that'll lead to a lack of motivation. And a lack of motivation will surely lead to death in this place." Jason responded, gesturing to all the mountains and woods surrounding them where who knows what animal or monster awaited them. He looked around at his friend's downcasted faces, the hope and enthusiasm nowhere to be seen on their features. He couldn't blame them. Even he was starting to feel that way, but he was doing his best to hold on. Not just for them but for Hazel as well. He couldn't let her death be in vain. He wouldn't let that happen.

"Speaking of Percy. Where's that fucker even at?" Nico asked, looking around for his cousin. Last he remembered he was talking to Artemis in her tent. He faintly remembered seeing them walk into the woods together after that, but they haven't been back since. He knew Artemis wouldn't try anything like capturing him and taking him back to Olympus. She was too weak thanks to Alaska's influence over the Gods, but it still worried him. She was still a Goddess who had years of experience and could easily take on a demigod even without most of her powers.

"Dunno. But let them be. Maybe they're out scouting or something." Thalia answered Nico's question while sitting down next to her brother. The group continued to converse about the uncertainty of their journey, trying their best to keep their spirits alive. Meanwhile, deep in the woods probably ten miles away from the campsite, Percy and Artemis were hidden in the darkness provided by the forest surrounding them. The two sat quietly in the trees while overlooking something they definitely didn't expect to see.