Chapter 29 : The Bronze Army Approaches

~A/N~ So I just saw the new PJO trailer for Disney which was released six days ago at the time I'm writing this. Man when it was first announced that this series was being made, I was on top of everything, checking every day to see if there were any new updates. But as you can see, my anticipation has dwindled seeing that I didn't even know they released a trailer along with the premiere date until a week later!

I'm sure that the show will be entertaining - at least I hope so - but I just can't get over the fact that it isn't book-accurate with its characters. Now I'll get some heat for that but at this point, I don't care, It just irks me that when Rick first announced this show, he said he was going off the books. Then to say that we're racist because we don't like the casting choices just soured my mood towards the show and him even further.

And if there's one thing I can't stand is the hypocrisy from the fans. When the PJO movies were released, you all were seething that the characters weren't accurate to the books in terms of age and in Annabeth's case, her looks. But now that the show is coming out with actors -and I mean all actors- that are even worse in terms of book accuracy, you praise it. Why? Well, I think we all know why but I'll let you be the judge of that. I just wanted this series to get the attention it deserved and for the show to get it right seeing how they massively screwed up the movies but I guess that's just too much to ask for.

I do hope the series does well. I really do. Because it's still one of my favorite book series of all time. I'm sure I'll watch it on some pirate site because I refuse to give that Godforsaken company Disney any of my money.

Let me know your thoughts about the upcoming series! Are you going to watch it? Or just stick with the books?

Enjoy the chapter!

~End A/N~

"They're here."

Percy looked up from his computer to a disheveled Jason Grace. Dirt littered his body, twigs and leaves adjourned his hair, and his wide, deer-like eyes, had a crazed look about them. Sighing, Percy shut down the computer as he got up from his seat. Placing a hand on his cousin's shoulder, he mist traveled the two of them to where Jason had originally been tasked. A lookout post, high in the mountains overlooking a flat plain.

Reappearing there, it took no time for the son of Poseidon to locate the enemy army. Its sheer size caused dust to bellow up into the sky and even the faint rumbling of their marching could be heard echoing throughout the valley. Percy couldn't help but feel the worry crawl its way into his heart. This was no army of two to three thousand. It was at least five to six. The image of the kid he had killed by the river flashed across his mind, causing him to feel anger towards the late demigod. He had lied to him. Or at least not tell the full truth remembering that he had made him swear on the River Styx

"This is more than expected." The son of Jupiter stated the obvious, anxiety clearly evident in his tone. Percy hummed in agreement as he fiddled with riptide in his pocket, desperately thinking of ways they could counter a force this big.

"Our original plan is out the window now, Perce. We can't do a head-on fight with an army this large."

"I know. Just- just give me a minute to think." The son of Poseidon replied with a wave of his hand. He needed silence for a moment to clear his head. Obviously, their original plan was dead now. He had first intended to fight in the forests surrounding Camp Freedom. Do some gorilla warfare tactics under the cover of night to wear the army down but that was off the table now. An army of this size would just simply overpower them and charge straight through to camp.