Chapter 38 : Freedom or Slavery

https://discord.gg/DbNtv2wyhN

It had been a hectic afternoon in the Pangean palace after Percy was found, to say the least. If one were to be walking in the hallways at a certain time, they might've seen the King running down it with Percy in tow, yelling out for a physician. Thalia, Artemis, and the others were frantic as well, running all over the place in search of the son of Poseidon. It wasn't until Lyah had gathered them up and told them what had happened, is when they managed to calm themselves. Asking the young Dryad girl to take them to him, they quickly made their way over to the physician's office. Barging in unannounced, everyone saw Percy lying down on a table shirtless, looking perfectly fine. Standing over him was both the doctor and the King, discussing something amongst themselves.

"Percy!" Thalia and Artemis both cried out, running over to him in a flash and even pushing the two elves out of the way without regard.

"Calm down! Yes, yes, I'm okay." The demigod interrupted their rapid-fire questions with raised hands. Getting up from the table, he stretched his body out fully, exposing the years of muscle development and scars he had acquired during his time. The sight was enough to bring blushes to the faces of Artemis, Thalia, the hunters, and even Will who had to quickly turn away, reminding himself what Nico would do to him if he had been caught ogling the son of Poseidon.

"We don't know that for sure." The elven physician replied, poking Percy with a small instrument that simply broke apart thanks to his invulnerable skin.

"What we do know is that Percy is showing major signs of sleep deprivation." Haleth continued, reading off the chart the doctor had written down.

"Sleep deprivation?" Jason asked.

"Yes, not sleeping for an unhealthy, continuous amount of time." The king answered before looking over to Percy. "Remember how you said you felt as if you were having a heart attack? A lack of sleep over a certain amount of time can cause heart disease. It seems you're now feeling its effects."

"Yeah, but I went into water so I should be fine." The black-haired demigod replied, causing both elves to rub their brows in irritability.

"That isn't regular water, Jackson. It's the water of Calamity. It isn't meant for any living being to touch or drink. You're the first person to touch it and worse of all you didn't just do that. You submerged yourself in it for over ten hours!"

Everyone in the room slowly turned their heads back to the man in question with wide eyes. Ten hours?! In waters not even the elves dared to touch?! What were the consequences of doing that? Would he be okay? Will he die? Once again, Artemis and Thalia fired away with questions only this time directed to the doctor who cowered behind the king. Percy could only sheepishly rub the back of his neck, giving an awkward smile at his friends. Leave it up to him to bathe in waters man wasn't supposed to touch not once but twice.

It had taken some time to calm the two girls down, the king having to promise they'll keep monitoring Percy.

"Woah, woah, woah, we're leaving. We've spent too much time away from camp already." The son of Poseidon interrupted, getting to his feet and putting his shirt back on much to the dismay of the female population in the room.

"But you can't, Perseus. We don't know the effects of the water. We need to make sure you're okay." Haleth replied but he wasn't listening to any of it.

"And I have to make sure my people are okay. I know you can understand that."

That statement seemed to stump the king, allowing a moment for the demigod to push past him and out of the office. The others quickly followed him, keeping their questions held in for later. Making their way out to the city streets, the son of Poseidon asked Lyah to lead them back home but not before Haleth had said one last thing to him from the palace entrance.