Chapter 10 : A Unwanted Visitor

"Be without fear in the face of anything that bleeds as you do."

The king of the sea was anxiously walking back and forth in front of his throne, desperately clasping his hands as he tried to take in the news that was just shared with him. He was told by an advisor that the ship that he put Percy and his friends on had sunk off the coast of Alaska. Blown up and split in half before sinking to the bottom of the Pacific ocean. The casualties were astronomical but he could only hope that his son and his friends had survived. Surely they did considering Percy was in his element out there and could save them but there was no way of knowing for sure as he didn't have any power, influence or sight out there to see if his son was still alive. That was what made him so anxious.

"Husband, calm down. A demigod as powerful as Perseus wouldn't die from a simple cruise ship sinking." Amphitrite tried to reassure but it did nothing. Unless he could know for sure that his son was alive, he would always worry.

"How could this have happened? I made sure that his journey was the safest it could be. What could've possibly gotten past me?"

The Queen of the sea rolled her eyes as she continued to watch her husband pace back and forth in worry. This was beginning to tire her. All Poseidon did was talk about his demigod son and while she held no ill will towards Perseus, it was beginning to annoy her by how much his name was brought up. Even more so that he has now left Olympus to start a new life. Every time she would visit Olympus to go visit a friend, she was constantly bombarded by minor and Olympian Gods alike asking her how Perseus was. How should she know? If Poseidon didn't know what made them think she knew.

As the two immortals were both in their own little worlds, they failed to realize the messenger God materialized in their throne room, watching them as if they were in a circus.

"Everything ok here?" Hermes asked, worriedly eyeing Poseidon. The king's attention shot up towards his nephew.

"Hermes? What brings you here?" Poseidon asked, quickly walking up to him. Maybe he had some information regarding his son?

"Zeus has ordered a council meeting. He wants you to be there immediately." Hermes replied, taking a step back from his frantic looking uncle. The king of the sea sighed sadly but reluctantly nodded his head. He waved goodbye to his wife who looked happy he'd be out of the palace for a little bit before flashing away to Olympus.

"Is he...ok?" Hermes asked, pointing to the spot Poseidon had just occupied.

"Not in the slightest." Amphitrite replied. Hermes nodded absentmindedly before he too flashed away to the throne room. Happy to get away from the awkward atmosphere. Reappearing back in the throne room, he was greeted by the sight of his fellow council members sitting on their thrones, bar Ares and Artemis who were still on their hunt for Jackson and his crew. The messenger God wondered how his cousin was doing. He hoped Ares or Artemis never caught him as he wanted Percy to have a good life. He deserved it after all the shit they've put him through.

"Ok since we're all here, let's begin." Zeus announced before getting straight to the point for the reason for this council meeting. "We've started construction on the temples at Camp Half-Blood which will eventually gain us more power. Athena, how goes construction?"

"Ahead of schedule. My daughter has decided to help oversee the construction so things should run smoothly in her care." Athena proudly replied, her head held high. Her daughter continued to make the right decisions and not be swayed by that demigod who would soon be hunted down and killed. She had given him a chance when they had last met but he decided that wasn't good enough and threw it down the drain. Athena's pride was hurt by Perseus' actions and now she held no remorse for what will happen to him.